Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016's getting pushed back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI: I now have an appointment to pick up the car on Monday, and my status has changed to "Your Model S is undergoing final inspection, detail, and charging in preparation for delivery" So, 6.5 weeks from confirmation to pickup. Very excited for Monday! (still haven't purchased any accessories other than the wall charger, which is being delivered Monday and installed Tuesday)...

FYI: I now have an appointment to pick up the car on Monday, and my status has changed to "Your Model S is undergoing final inspection, detail, and charging in preparation for delivery" So, 6.5 weeks from confirmation to pickup. Very excited for Monday! (still haven't purchased any accessories other than the wall charger, which is being delivered Monday and installed Tuesday)...

Congrats Dave! BTW, how long did it take for your car to get from Fremont to Mass? Do you know the total transit time? I looked for this data in the tracking spreadsheets but could not find your entry??

Just back from my local Service Center.... 6 new model S's in the lot... each with a 2/08/16 windshield sticker.... Mode of transport was TRUCK on the side as built sticker. So if we assume they left Fremont on the 9th the arrived in Conn on the 18th or aprox. 9 days in transit by truck.

Last edited:
Congrats Dave! BTW, how long did it take for your car to get from Fremont to Mass? Do you know the total transit time? I looked for this data in the tracking spreadsheets but could not find your entry??

I didn't receive any exact notifications for either when it left or when it arrived. But, as of the evening of Friday 2/12, it was "in transit", and on Monday 2/15 they said it would arrive "any day now", and asked me when I could come in to pick it up. I couldn't come in until Monday 2/22 (tomorrow), but my guess is that it arrived some time last week, making the transit time exactly 1 week or less...

so maybe, just maybe, ill get mine on tuesday?

confirmed 1/1 production 2/11 in transit 2/18

Call your DS tomorrow and ask if they can schedule you a delivery appointment. Mine called me on Monday (answering an email from the weekend) and agreed to schedule a delivery appointment when I asked. Just make sure to go over all major functionality with them to make sure it works; a few things didn't work so they had a service center tech come out to fix things, which made my time with them shorter than I wanted. I didn't have any issues with paint or swirls like I've read about here, thankfully, and everything has been great since I picked it up. I know there's a delivery checklist somewhere in this subforum so hopefully you can find that.

Not gonna lie, I got butterflies in my stomach when I first saw my car, could not stop smiling; I bet you'll feel the same way when you see it for the first time. :D

Got the car yesterday as promised! They told us the delivery appt would take ~1 hour, and when we actually had the appointment my wife had to leave after we'd been going for 2 hours, and I had to leave after 2.5 hours, and he still wasn't done! He was especially excited to demonstrate Summon for us (not that we weren't excited to see it).

The only features I haven't been able to demonstrate yet are the auto-parking (the manual says it needs to calibrate first), and the internet radio (he said they need to process the account first). And I'm still a bit nervous when on "auto pilot" but am assuming I'll be able to relax more with it as time goes on.

Hard to believe that we have it now.

DavESM:
Hey that is neat. Good story.
When I get mine, I just want to try one or two new things per day so I can ease into the experience.
Perhaps one of the first things I want to do is play with a seat and wheel and ride height setting that makes
entry and exit the easiest. Then save that setting as a driver profile EZINOUT.

The second thing would be the UFS music settings and figuring out how the music works.
But I am aware that internet music can take a few days as well as the Tesla App....

Did your Tesla App work right off the bat?

Art

Late but just found the forum:

When I went into Tesla beginning of December 2015, I was told that the MS would be delivered January if I ordered today. Contemplated and waited a few weeks than decided to order it.

Ordered it on December 16, 2015 but got told that it won't be delivered til February. I didn't want to wait that long so went through 10 different cars they had, they either didn't have the options I want or were too high in price. So I decided to wait.

When January came, I was told my order got pushed back to late February or early March.

My estimated delivery time is March 9, it had already left factory like 2 weeks ago, have to wait for it to arrive to Hawaii.

It started working last night, ~6 hours after delivery...

And, BTW, since we didn't have the wall power installed yesterday (it's being installed as I write), I just plugged it into a regular 15 amp outlet, and over night it charged up for the amount I drove yesterday (~30 miles, at ~3 miles/hour).
WHAT???!!!! You mean to tell me that logging in on the MyTesla app on my iPhone every 15 minutes does not make my car get delivered faster????? ACK!!!!!