Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016's getting pushed back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The beginning of my delivery window is three weeks from today. I sure hope that estimate is pessimistic.

Thats actually very strange why your delivery window is so far afterwards. We are both on the east coast and I can't imagine it's that much longer. Unless your car is being shipped via train to chicago then onto a trunk. That could take a while.

I would check in with your DS and ask what type of transport they are using.

Hello all,

Thanks to everyone for the very informative contents throughout this forum. I am a new member and look forward to engaging here. I confirmed my order for the Model S on Feb 28, VIN was assigned on Feb 29 and my delivery estimate currently says 'March - Early April'. Needless to say I'm obsessing about this and can't wait for it to happen!! The car has not entered production as of end of last week, just wondering if anyone had insight into how many weeks the production process takes? Thanks in advance!

Congratulations ... Tesla has announced that all cars built after 3/4/16 will ship with the new 19" wheels as the no cost option.

Update Guys!! Finally in transit

Ordered: December 27, 2015
Confirmed: December 27, 2015
In Production: February 26, 2016
In Transit: March 4, 2016

Delivery Estimate: March 12 - March 24

yeah haha just spoke with my DS and set 3/14 for pickup date :D the real wait begins

Hello all,

Thanks to everyone for the very informative contents throughout this forum. I am a new member and look forward to engaging here. I confirmed my order for the Model S on Feb 28, VIN was assigned on Feb 29 and my delivery estimate currently says 'March - Early April'. Needless to say I'm obsessing about this and can't wait for it to happen!! The car has not entered production as of end of last week, just wondering if anyone had insight into how many weeks the production process takes? Thanks in advance!

New slipstream wheels 19.PNG

That's right Flatsix911. I in fact just got an email from Tesla stating the same thing - that the new 19" wheel design will be applied to my order at no cost. It looks like the cyclone wheels do not have an up charge associated with them either, unless I'm interpreting it incorrectly.

Good question ... a few cars delivered on 3/4/16 had the new wheels.

I hope this is true... just spoke to HQ and they said no, I don't have the wheels. Possibly she's mistaken? Do you have sources other than the reddit thread for the person in Norway?

Hope there's a miscommunication going on because I REALLY would like the upgraded wheels!

The beginning of my delivery window is three weeks from today. I sure hope that estimate is pessimistic.

If it's coming by train, then 3 weeks is about right. I just got mine (in Atlanta) last week and it finished production on Feb 8th. So just about 3 weeks to delivery. I was also hoping the window was pessimistic, but it was pretty much dead on. Hopefully you get delivery via a truck since it's near the end of the quarter. That would speed it up significantly.

I hope this is true... just spoke to HQ and they said no, I don't have the wheels. Possibly she's mistaken? Do you have sources other than the reddit thread for the person in Norway?

Hope there's a miscommunication going on because I REALLY would like the upgraded wheels!

I'll bring it up to my DS as well. Mine started production March 2nd. Missed the "cutoff" by two days maybe.

I will be picking up my MS on Tuesday. Can't wait. I asked about the wheels and he said he was t sure but he would do what he could if I wanted to change them. I didn't of course since I already bought the tsportlines but if I had the choice when first ordering I would have gone for the new look for sure.

My car was delivered to the Seattle service center yesterday, so I was able to stop by this morning and check it out. As you can see from these photos, it still has the transit wrapping on, so it hasn't gone through any dealer prep yet. I have an appointment to take delivery next Tuesday.

20160308_203722647_iOS - small.jpg

20160308_203638514_iOS - small.jpg

[Notice the view of CenturyLink Field in the background.]