Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 100D On Autotrader

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached out and they provided me with pics, a link to the vehicle on their site and the car fax. Apparently it was a corporate vehicle, according to the car fax, which could explain the low mileage. I still don’t understand them posting it for at least $10k under what they could probably get for it. Definitely feels fishy! The website is also newly registered, FWIW.

2017 Tesla Model S 100

A
lso, here is the body of the email. Can’t find anything out about the guy online either with a quick google search.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the 2017 Tesla Model S 100D.
We are happy to let you know that the car is still available, for the price of $55,450.
Attached, please find more pictures and the CARFAX Report!
The car is in perfect condition with no accident or any other damages. We want you to be completely satisfied with your online automotive experience from purchase to delivery.
Please understand that El Vochito AutoSales can arrange shipping for you as a value added service only.
We have our own moving trucks we use for our clients's car shipping needs.

Direct link to the requested vehicle is below:

2017 Tesla Model S 100D

Best Regards!

Damian Carpio - Sales Manager
4655 W Washington St,
Indianapolis, IN 46241 - 0851
Phone: (317) 682-0988
Fax: (317) 458-5629
Email: [email protected]
www.elvochitoautos.com

That's an interesting find. Looking through the dealer pics, I notice 2 things:

1. It's on an ancient firmware version (v8?) so it may have been parked for a while
2. Instrument display also says 100D so unless it's been rooted/rebadged, stated range is probably just dealer error

Great info. Why is it on their website then?
Im not even convinced the website is real. The phone number if you look up the dealer on Google is different [(317) 292-9075] and the website linked above is super generic and even has a link to 'dealerwebsites.com' at the bottom which is a website to create car dealer websites in minutes. I cant find a website for the dealer through google only the Facebook page

Don't fall for it.

This is very similar to this scam 2018 Tesla Model X P100D AWD Sterling Import Motors | Dealership in Colorado Springs

The real car is

2018 Tesla Model X P100D AWD w/ Enhanced Autopilot w/ Ludicrous Mode

They copy the pictures , black out dealer plate and list it to fish data and cash.

WOW, thank you so much for posting this. you literally saved me! I was just talking to the guy yesterday and was going to put a deposit down on CC today and fly out tomorrow to get it.

Reactions: yogi4
WOW, thank you so much for posting this. you literally saved me! I was just talking to the guy yesterday and was going to put a deposit down on CC today and fly out tomorrow to get it.
haha !! glad you saw the post. Yeah he emailed the pictures and those were the same pictures from the other dealership :). I reported this to cargurus , cars.com and autotrader. hopefully they take down those listings.

I reached out and they provided me with pics, a link to the vehicle on their site and the car fax. Apparently it was a corporate vehicle, according to the car fax, which could explain the low mileage. I still don’t understand them posting it for at least $10k under what they could probably get for it. Definitely feels fishy! The website is also newly registered, FWIW.

2017 Tesla Model S 100

A
lso, here is the body of the email. Can’t find anything out about the guy online either with a quick google search.

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the 2017 Tesla Model S 100D.
We are happy to let you know that the car is still available, for the price of $55,450.
Attached, please find more pictures and the CARFAX Report!
The car is in perfect condition with no accident or any other damages. We want you to be completely satisfied with your online automotive experience from purchase to delivery.
Please understand that El Vochito AutoSales can arrange shipping for you as a value added service only.
We have our own moving trucks we use for our clients's car shipping needs.

Direct link to the requested vehicle is below:

2017 Tesla Model S 100D

Best Regards!

Damian Carpio - Sales Manager
4655 W Washington St,
Indianapolis, IN 46241 - 0851
Phone: (317) 682-0988
Fax: (317) 458-5629
Email: [email protected]
www.elvochitoautos.com
I'm half surprised they didn't mention the free oil change and a full tank of gas.

• Funny
Reactions: mrau