Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 100d uncorking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello from japan. Trying to determine if this 2017 model x can be or has been uncorked. Japan SC had never heard of the term. Does anyone have some kind of service centre bulletin reference number or part number or anything that would clue them in to where to look? Model x’s and Tesla’s in general are quite rare here so I’m not surprised they do not know off hand. Any and all help is appreciated!

All 100D Teslas were delivered fully uncorked, at least in USA. Japan could be different, you would need to check locally.
So in addition to what I mentioned previously about sources on this forum, there is also this video that appears pretty credible in its source and with the consistent test results. Do you mind citing where or how you determined all 100d’s are already delivered uncorked? Just trying to educate myself about this, thanks!

So in addition to what I mentioned previously about sources on this forum, there is also this video that appears pretty credible in its source and with the consistent test results. Do you mind citing where or how you determined all 100d’s are already delivered uncorked? Just trying to educate myself about this, thanks!
I have one and there are no available extra power options available. There never have been. Beyond that, it is kind of hard to prove a negative.

There were some Model S that were sold as S 60, but actually had a 75 KWh battery. They were software limited to 60 kWh. They were capable of being “uncorked” (for a fee). I don’t specifically remember if they ever did that for the Model X. In any event, that never happened for X 100D. Once a 100D, always a 100D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pillage
75d’s after a certain VIN were provided a software uncork to increase power from 5.2 sec to 4.4 sec 0-100.

That’s about it for uncorking 2017 onwards.

The 100D’s always came with no lock to battery amperage or power hence no ability to uncork for anything extra beyond stock purchase.

Reactions: Pillage
75d’s after a certain VIN were provided a software uncork to increase power from 5.2 sec to 4.4 sec 0-100.

That’s about it for uncorking 2017 onwards.

The 100D’s always came with no lock to battery amperage or power hence no ability to uncork for anything extra beyond stock purchase.
I see. It’s confusing. What was that video I linked to referring to? He seemed convinced they did something to his 100d… no? Just click bait? His tests seemed to show an increase in power and acceleration

Also, I just tracked down someone that had posted about having it done and they indicated they had and showed me a copy of the service invoice stating uncorking had been performed during a service visit. So, maybe it is a real thing?

Buddy I’ve owned model S’s since late 2015 incl a 90D, P100D, 100DX and a 100D. I leased them through my business. I can tell you with 100% certainty that in Na anyway there has never been an uncorking for 100D’s.

However there was a brief 3-4 month period I do recall Tesla had a Short range, a Long range and a Performance Model S. 3 versions. I’m not sure if that short range could be uncorked or not 🤷🏽‍♂️But that was in late 2018 or early 2019 I recall. Other than this, it’s only been 85D cars that were all given a speed upgrade back in 2015, and 75D’s after a particular VIN that could be uncorked.

Reactions: fr100
Buddy I’ve owned model S’s since late 2015 incl a 90D, P100D, 100DX and a 100D. I leased them through my business. I can tell you with 100% certainty that in Na anyway there has never been an uncorking for 100D’s.

However there was a brief 3-4 month period I do recall Tesla had a Short range, a Long range and a Performance Model S. 3 versions. I’m not sure if that short range could be uncorked or not 🤷🏽‍♂️But that was in late 2018 or early 2019 I recall. Other than this, it’s only been 85D cars that were all given a speed upgrade back in 2015, and 75D’s after a particular VIN that could be uncorked.
I am not necessarily doubting your knowledge or information, and I appreciate it. I’m just trying to make sense of the video, the other for sale posts, and this service invoice that suggest differently. What do you make of the video? Do you think it is a fake?

Whoa that’s Brooks from drag times…he’s quite legit. Now that I was the video I do recall there was a power bump for model X 100D’s! My apologies! It was initially 0-100 in 5.0 sec and after power update it went to 4.5/4.6 sec.
The kw output did increase from upper 300’s to mid 400’s. Sorry abt that…I completely forgot about that one! 🙏🏽

I’ll see if I can find reference to it! There was an older thread on the X forum where people were posting their results to a member names Krash i think? He had put together a spreadsheet to record fastest corned vs uncorked times. I always remembered it as for 75D’s but it was a lot more.

I was able to get my 2016.5 MS 75D uncorked a few days ago. They charged $85 for labor which was a bit of a surprise because I thought it’d be free. Anyway $85 seemed worth it since I’ve heard some SC’s give you the run around and claim it can’t be uncorked. I went to the SC in Burbank, CA so anyone local who wants it performed should check them out. The first person I spoke to had no idea what uncorking was but she spoke to a service advisor who knew exactly what I wanted. The performance upgrade really does make a huge difference in the 0-60 acceleration. It pushes you into the seat much more than before. I would love my car regardless but for $85 I feel like I stuck a turbo charger on an already fast car 😄

My 2017 100D was uncorked when I bought it used from Tesla (image below). I was excited!

So, @DCGOO is probably right that they all were uncorked, and @Destiny1701 knows not of what they speak. ;)

The unfortunate thing is now tesla.com car specs do not list/show uncorking. Anybody else notice that it's gone from the list? Uncorking was never listed on the in-car details page.

IMG_7141_Original.PNG

My 2017 100D was uncorked when I bought it used from Tesla (image below). I was excited!

So, @DCGOO is probably right that they all were uncorked, and @Destiny1701 knows not of what they speak. ;)

The unfortunate thing is now tesla.com car specs do not list/show uncorking. Anybody else notice that it's gone from the list? Uncorking was never listed on the in-car details page.

View attachment 833435
Uh I’ve been a tesla owner, forum poster and hardcore fan since 2015 buddy…I think I know of what I speak.

Ive been through the entire period of Model S changes from 2015 onwards and even owned a 2017 MX 100D which was infact uncorked after I purchased and had to take it back in. Not all teslas were sold uncorked nor came that way. One had the option at the time to go into a Tesla SC and have it done. Eventually MS MX we’re all made with the new specs but it was a transition period for some time.

Enjoy your performance !