Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017-2020 Model 3 recalled for trunk/rear camera issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have ended up on this thread after searching for issues with the model 3 rear camera. Mine started stuttering recently, as well as the image quality falling off a cliff. This could potentially be a cause.. or at the very least, a reason for Tesla to replace the wiring and or camera under the terms of the recall. Think I'll get a service appointment booked!

late 2018 model 3. Definitely experiencing issues with Trunk. The remote trunk latch failed and I could not open the trunk/boot. I got the harness replaced in December although my rear camera still has some noise. Will book an appt when available.

I have ended up on this thread after searching for issues with the model 3 rear camera. Mine started stuttering recently, as well as the image quality falling off a cliff. This could potentially be a cause.. or at the very least, a reason for Tesla to replace the wiring and or camera under the terms of the recall. Think I'll get a service appointment booked!

That sounds like an issue with V11. Lots of complaints with the backup camera stuttering.

Reactions: trisk and OUTATIME1
I've never been a big fan of that whole theory that everyone who doesn't own or want a Tesla is part of a huge conspiracy against the company.
I wasn't making a comment about the people that came to me about the recall. It's more a point that the articles that I saw really sensationalized the recall making it seem much worse than is. Because of the sensationalist headlines, many of my friends and family asked me "did you see that there's a SAFETY recall on your Tesla?" like it was for faulty brakes or something.

Got a notification December 31. Had actually set up a service request a few weeks prior. COuld get me in in a few days, cost was $281. So I denied it, and planned ot look into it myself before ponying up the money. Then the recall happened. Of course, since then, they don't have parts. Will be notified when they are available. Still no word.

• Informative
Reactions: afadeev
Received the recall notice in the mail today:

TeslaRecall.jpg

Received notification for recall of trunk wiring harness, and made an appointment in a month to get fixed. Two days later, I get a call from Tesla that they have opening to come in early, but to fix 3 other issues, trunk issue, charging port issue, and some ball seal issue, not the trunk wiring issue. I was told my car doesn't need that, despite it being on the government and Tesla recall website.

Does anyone know what gives

Just got a new 2022 Model 3 LR AWD about 2 weeks ago. My rear view camera image is black. It came back one time, but now it has been out all day. I've made a Service Appt, but I guess I have to live without Rear view camera for over a month since my Appt isn't until April 30th. Sigh, just enjoying the FULL Tesla owner experience.