TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2017.28.4 cf44833

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Rbcnr, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Rbcnr

Rbcnr Member

Anyone get this update yet? Any big differences? Got my car back from the SC today and just installed. Says minor fixes and shows the autopark and display brightness info. Can't take my MS out right now unfortunately. I was on another 2017.28.4 cf firmware before this.

2. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

I received and installed it earlier this week. So far I've not noticed any big changes.

• Informative x 1
  3. Rbcnr

Rbcnr Member

Tried it today. No real difference. Thx

4. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

Same as all the other threads already started about cf44833. Nothing new

5. bcampbelllds

bcampbelllds Member

Was at the SC today. Updated and nothing new.

6. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

Got it yesterday and now my Driver Assistance Features (AP/TACC) won't work. But I've had several other issues over the last week, so may not be software. Back to service tomorrow. At least they can now get me in immediately! That's a plus

7. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

I have noticed a change in AP behaviour without a software update.
    I wonder if something server-side changes?

8. Rbcnr

Rbcnr Member

Been hearing things like this, change without update - what changes did you notice?

9. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Much much better handling of crests.
    Since I first got my S it would swerve wildly on steep crests, but I've just done a long (1,000km) road trip into inland Australia and it was almost spooky how perfect it was holding the line on very steep crests.
    I was able to go over an hour on windy single lane country highways through mountains with no errors. Definitely an improvement. I'm on 17.26.17 but this behaviour has definitely changed within this release.

10. bfukumoto

bfukumoto Member

Took my P85+ in yesterday and they updated to firmware 2017.28.4 cf44833 to fix a Sirius XM issue that was caused by the last OTA update to 17.24.17. I immediately noticed that the rate of deceleration when regen braking is set to standard was lower than prior to the update. I much prefer the harder rate of deceleration during regen braking, especially at freeway speeds. I almost have to recalibrate my driving behavior now.

11. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

Be glad you don’t have AP2 You’d be sorry they “upgraded” you. It’s the worst FW update for HW2 yet

• Disagree x 3
  12. Doctt

Doctt Member

I just got the update 2 days ago. This was exactly the same thing I noticed

13. googleiscoul

googleiscoul Member

Anyone think that our next update will be somewhat large due to the extended time we didn't have any interesting updates? End of August? Also according to Elon (I know) he said after they reached parity with AP1 that the development of new features would be noticeably faster, do you think that is true?

14. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

Soon

• Funny x 1
  15. googleiscoul

googleiscoul Member

Its already been over a month since the last meaningful update

16. Ande

Ande New Member

Hi, Just got this firmware, is there a releasenotes page somewhere ? - Where does Tesla publish changes and news for each release ?

17. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Member

I'm curious about this, what are you seeing? I got updated on Tuesday(replaced rear tires) and have noticed that lane keeping is noticeably better and stop-and-go traffic performance is back to being pretty good, but there's now noticeable ping-ponging driving at freeway speeds(particularly on sections of wider lanes).

Similar experience?

18. TIppy

TIppy Member

On my ap1 car, it seems to have more trouble detecting cars stopped at traffic lights. If the car ahead of me isn't moving, it doesn't see it.

19. Voltron

Voltron New Member

Just updated my pre-ap P85+ yesterday(was getting the LTE upgrade) and the XM reception does seem a bit better.

20. daktari

daktari Member

No new features, I believe it was bugfix and stability improvements. AP2 perfomance is not top. Good on some selected highways only.
    Wonder if they went back to one camera, as only a small bump /undulation make the car swerve now, it looses track if lanes disappeares right in front of the car.