TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MarcusMaximus, Jul 17, 2017.

1. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Member

Got a new update tonight with an interesting new version scheme: 2017.28. There's also what appears to be a git commit hash(c528869). Release notes just said minor bug fixes and improvements.

2. ABVA

ABVA Member

Release notes please

3. Veritas1980

Veritas1980 Electric Viking

Is it just me, or are the release notes only giving descriptions of what has changed when they are adding things or big changes to the current functionality?

Maybe it is because my first Tesla is with HW2, so I'm just been used to new functions with each update. But now I'm mostly reliant on other users review of the firmware to have an idea of what has been changed. And more importantly, what to watch out for in order not to get a heart attack when changing lanes (that's right 17.26.76, I'm looking at you!).

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Supporting Member

They should just push the infotainment code to github. I'm sure we could come up with some improvements and features for them to merge.

Think of the marketing possibilities! "Tesla. For you, improved by you"

• Love x 5
  5. jeraldinho

jeraldinho Member

Got the same update. "Minor fixes only"

6. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

7. lunitiks

lunitiks ˭ ˭ʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʭʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼ˭ ˭

If I only had ♡x100 to give

8. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Member

As I noted in another thread, lane changes are MUCH smoother. It also seemed to have none of the ping ponging it had before, particularly on lane merges and splits.

This is all based on about 5-10 minutes of driving, but the lane changes bit was extremely noticeable.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  9. croman

croman Active Member

Not quite going wide but its also only going to AP2 which is a good sign. Hopefully my car gets it. The lane change is far too abrupt and skittish. I liked the slow and graceful change before more than the hesitation and then dart method with 17.26.76

10. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

Are you ap1 or ap2?

11. croman

croman Active Member

AP2 based on sig and the fact this fw is primarily AP2 right now.

• Like x 1
  12. muleferg

muleferg Active Member

Just down loaded 2017.28. on my X. Looking forward to seeing smooth moves. Waiting for rain storm to pass before hitting the road.

13. larmor

larmor Active Member

Actually would like to know how AP performs on a highway in a rain storm. Would be a great benefit to the driver. Sometimes get stuck on long highway routes with heavy rain.

14. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

Twice now AP2 has handled driving in the rain exceptionally well when I was tempted to pull over.

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. croman

croman Active Member

Worked great for me the many many times I've been in downpours. Last revision drove during drenching t-storm and it could really only safely go 65mph but msotly everyone else was going 50mph or slower. It could see better than me (I wasn't going to trust it though so I kept it at the speed I felt comfortable).

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  16. Quasar

Quasar Member

Not really - I have a non-AP 85 loaner today and last night it got updated to 2017.28.c528869

• Helpful x 1
  17. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Ditto, and I found the same during high-glare situations. Was driving through the mountains with 17.26.76 and honestly at one point I was feeling uncomfortable not because AP2 was doing anything wrong, but because I could not see well enough to supervise AP2 because it was tracking lane lines better than I could see given the sunlight and faded markings.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  18. MX1028

MX1028 Member

I got the update today when i went to the Service Center. Driving back home i noticed i had a new update. I called Tesla Support for Version verification. The said it was 17.28 and went on to say that its to improve the aggressive lane changes from the previous versions.

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  19. MarcusMaximus

MarcusMaximus Member

AP2.

• Like x 1
  20. jlarmstr

jlarmstr Member

uggghggh, no, the old was way to slow and unstable, seems like it would straddle the lane and not make up it's mind, this .76 is much much better.

They need a setting to satisfy all people, something like abnormally slow lane change to wickedly fast lane change modes. :)