TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2017.32.6 ca28227

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Didi, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Didi

Didi Member

With this FW finally the high beam within AP2 models is working!
    2017.32.6 ca28227

Not only this setup was implemented but also the line change is now silky on high way - both sides.
    Silky and fast!

• Informative x 1
  2. milleron

milleron Member

The auto high beams have been working for a couple of months already, and the problem with abrupt Autopilot lane changes was remedied with 2017.28.c528869.

What do your release notes say?

• Informative x 1
  3. conman

conman Member

@milleron auto high beams are not rolled out for the rest of the world.

4. Didi

Didi Member

@milleron within Europe, Switzerland only from wk32 on.

Release notes mention only high beam

5. tga

tga Supporting Member

AP1 release notes - "This release contains minor fixes and improvements"

• Like x 1
  6. Tam

Tam Active Member

Got AP2 8.1 (2017.32.6 ca28227) today and it seems to fix @Bjorn's tow mode bug because I works as advertised and it can't duplicate the bug any more.

• Informative x 1
  7. cruiserlarry

cruiserlarry Gadgetologist

got 2017.32.6 ca28227 today; seems a little smother using AP in standard lanes with no walls on the side, but still the same issues trying to handle tighter turns or carpool lanes...also still has a difficult time distinguishing between the lane marker lines and parallel asphalt / cement cracks / expansion breaks...baby steps, I guess.

It would be nice to get a new usable functioning feature each time an OTA update is released - even a small one, or a new Easter egg) - that would keep us amused and reduce the frustration with the state of AP2 issues

8. PatrickCH4313

PatrickCH4313 Member

I just got 2017.32.6 ca28227 with a little surprise.

My car avatar changed to a mars spaceship, I got a pad for writing and the GPS is showing a spaceship on the surface of mars.

IMG_9467.JPG IMG_9469.JPG IMG_9463.JPG

and then I got a message telling when autopilot is engaged, just pull the cruise control lever 4 times rapidly and the road will change to a gigantic rainbow with music !!

IMG_9465-1.JPG

9. conman

conman Member

Those easter eggs have always been there if you enabled them, but you had to slide down the summary window to get to that unlocked easter egg window. Now you can slide it up to cover them instead of having to slide it down to uncover them.

10. conman

conman Member

For others who haven't seen it yet, or the other parts of the world that already have auto high beams.

ahb1.jpg ahb2.jpg

11. GarrickS

GarrickS Member

There also "Passive entry" toggle switch in Settings->Door Locks. I believe this is new in this release?

AP1 seems smoother now. Lane changes happen quicker, but doesn't feel rushed or jerky.

12. asrose

asrose Member

New problem with this release?
    When stopped at a traffic light, the car in front appears to jump a forward then back in the center display.
    Have not seen this behavior in the past and I'm not sure if it's indicative of other issues.

13. WARP 10

WARP 10 Member

I may be imagining this, but the power usage meter seems to be off. The day after this update was installed, I took my usual 13 mile Thursday morning trip. Started out showing 304wH/mi(last 30 mi) and reached my destination showing 300wH. First half of this trip include a 700-800 ft elevation change at the top of which I usually would show the usage to have risen to around 330. This trip the usage never got above 310.
    Since then, usage has been consistently in the 270-280 range just driving around town (50-60 miles), when I would expect my normal usage of 300-310. Guess I'll keep watching it and see what happens.

14. ahkahn

ahkahn Member

Come to think of it, mine does seem to be reporting a little lower than normal also... just thought it was because it got cooler outside... I'm in the 260-280 range on mine all of a sudden - used to be in the 280-310 range.

15. asrose

asrose Member

Mine has gone from 290 to 330 or more.

Internet radio streaming has quit working on my Midel S - HW1.

16. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Lots of people seem to be reporting broken streaming radio. I wonder if that’s the cause for the rollout pausing halfway through for AP2 (45-40 split between 2017.32.6 and 2017.28)

17. kavyboy

kavyboy Member

I'm on 17.24.48 and had broken streaming yesterday, so I doubt it's something in any new release.

18. asrose

asrose Member

Tech support states that the last update has a known problem with internet streaming but not on wifi.

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  19. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

Has anyone noticed any radio issues since the latest release? I updated to 2017.32.6ca28227 last Tuesday but didn't notice any problems. This week, I've noticed at the start of every drive that whenever I get in the car the sound from the radio makes it sound like it isn't tuned to the correct frequency. For example, if you tuned to 106.0 instead of 105.9, you could hear the station but sound would fade in and out and there would be static. That's what I've been experiencing so far this week. If I push the favorite button for the radio station, it immediately tunes itself to the correct HD station frequency and everything works fine...until the next time I drive the car.

I did notice Monday morning that it was like my car was in a deep sleep since it didn't wake up and present the door handles until several seconds had elapsed and I started to reach for my fob. I guess I'll try a reboot tonight and see if that fixes the radio issue.

20. eschummer

eschummer Member

I have the same issue with this. When you first start the car the radio behaves badly. After a few minutes (sometimes less) it starts to operate normally, even if left tuned to the same station. It almost sounds like some kind of gating with the sound popping in and out every 3 or 4 seconds or so.

• Informative x 2