Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.32.6 ca28227

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same issue with this. When you first start the car the radio behaves badly. After a few minutes (sometimes less) it starts to operate normally, even if left tuned to the same station. It almost sounds like some kind of gating with the sound popping in and out every 3 or 4 seconds or so.

I've had the same problem with the radio for (at least) months. Occasionally, after getting in the car, I get 20-30 seconds of static (often in 1-second pulses) before the station starts coming in correctly. Also sometimes, it will change from the station it was on before to the lowest preset station.

When I had it in for service, they said that they couldn't reproduce the problem, but if I kept track of time & date that it happened, maybe they could do something. I've been collecting data and will talk to them again.

I've had the same problem with the radio for (at least) months. Occasionally, after getting in the car, I get 20-30 seconds of static (often in 1-second pulses) before the station starts coming in correctly. Also sometimes, it will change from the station it was on before to the lowest preset station.

When I had it in for service, they said that they couldn't reproduce the problem, but if I kept track of time & date that it happened, maybe they could do something. I've been collecting data and will talk to them again.

Ditto on my 90D with the same software (AP 1 version).

I have the same issue with this. When you first start the car the radio behaves badly. After a few minutes (sometimes less) it starts to operate normally, even if left tuned to the same station. It almost sounds like some kind of gating with the sound popping in and out every 3 or 4 seconds or so.

Right. On my car when i noticed this, it seemed to take 15-30 seconds to get back to normal, no more.

I’ve had this issue for the past 4 updates or so. Very annoying bug. The media player is best described as formicating.

formicate
/ˈfɔːmɪˌkeɪt/
verb (intransitive) ( rare)
1. to crawl around like ants
2. to swarm with ants or other crawling things