Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.32.6 ca28227

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely things are smoother for AP2 with lane changes and braking. Had one hiccup where the car got confused and veered left when a left turn lane came up. Didn't have an issue with this before as I drive this road daily. Also noticed that auto park was showing up more often.

Might have a bug.

Auto folding mirrors now only fold the drivers side. Xmas Easter egg makes both "dance" but only one folds on lock :(

Also can't seem to get the air-con to work. Heater is OK. This could be a real fault though and have logged a service call for further investigation. Removed frunk liner to listen for air-con compressor operation.

Last edited:
Slacker also quit working for me. Rebooted, still nothing. Tested podcast it worked and then tried Slacker again and began to work again, strange.

With this update, AP2 TACC is grandma slow to accelerate when stopped and slows down at very last minute on local roads. For the 1st time ever I had to manually hit the break as I felt I was going to hit the stopped car in front of me. Autosteer though was very good, noticible improvement.

Just finished 800 Mile road trip and this is how I feel about it.
Tracking the car in front is much improved with smother acceleration and braking.
Recognizes the stopped traffic upfront sooner and brakes smoothly.
Mixed feelings about AS. Most of the times it worked much better than before but for whatever reason I experienced bad ping ponging on a well paved section of I-75 in Ohio which deemed AS useless for almost 70 miles! I stopped for supercharging hoping this stop will reset whatever bug it was, but it didn't.
Lane changing is a major step back. It is as aggressive and jerky as it was on 17.17.17. I thought they fixed it for good with the last update before this so I'm very disappointed. I had to deactivate AS every time I needed to change lanes per my passengers request. Yep it is this bad.
It is a slow progress and I'll be waiting patiently for the next update.

We are approaching September and I still don't feel safe to use the AP2.0. it is unstable.

Lower your standards ;) Hold the wheel as suggested and help it learn.

I am confident in many areas, like freeways. Less so when approaching stopped cars at lights and even less so on rural roads. But I've learnt the limitations and figure the more Autopilot is engaged the more it learns.

I-75 in Ohio which deemed AS useless for almost 70 miles!

I'm not surprised that even the Tesla has learned that I-75 in Ohio sucks.... ;)

We are approaching September and I still don't feel safe to use the AP2.0. it is unstable.

Dude, you're doing something wrong. If you're standard is set at turning on AP, putting your seat back, closing your eyes, and hoping the car dings when you arrive, you're spot on - it's not safe. If you are holding the wheel while it drives, and actively monitoring it, it's smooth, solid, and a pleasure while you drive.

Zero indication holding the wheel is what "makes" it learn
Don't think that's what was meant. :D Hours in use are useful, overall, no?

Edit: For the 'helping it helps it learn' post: Really? You think correcting AP 'helps' it? I would think a manual bug report would be needed. If all you need to do it correct it, that would be great. Not sure we have evidence of that.

None of the learning is done in the actual car itself guys. It's all your bias.

My understanding from a Tesla engineer is that the learning is ONLY done in the car itself right now. Once the neural net is complete and they turn it on to the fleet, the entire fleet will learn in unison.

Case in point: Initial Autopilot calibration where you cannot even activate the feature until it learns the basics.

And we seem to have a new version with yet another naming convention (slightly...) :D
Edit... ignore that comment, Hank says it's an artifact of being the first report, it's been updated.

The older ones were really 2017.32 and 2017.32.6 (forget the hash, it's irrelevant), so this is now 17.32.17. Still working off the week 32 branch of several weeks ago (this is week 35 starting today!).

upload_2017-8-27_9-52-53.png

Last edited:
With all the complaints about autopilot, I have to admit that this car is a moving beast, taking my son back to his college we were 4 adults in a car fully packed with luggage and boxes, and this thing moved around with ease and felt like a Ferrari when passing the other cars. There is nothing like it, absolutely nothing.
No doubt its a beast. Agree nothing like it.

But the autopilot marketing was outwardly deceptive. I test drove an AP1. Then paid more for an inferior product. Upper management knew that this would be a difficult process. No end in sight for parity in my opinion.