Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.32.6 ca28227

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding from a Tesla engineer is that the learning is ONLY done in the car itself right now. Once the neural net is complete and they turn it on to the fleet, the entire fleet will learn in unison.

Case in point: Initial Autopilot calibration where you cannot even activate the feature until it learns the basics.
This is different.
Initial "learning" is basically watching you drive for some time to see how badly misaligned the camera is from install to add a corrective mask to the image before starting to analyze it.
There's no actual learning happening in car, the pre-learned Neural Net is included with the firmware and used for visual recognision of objects, that's all.

This is different.
Initial "learning" is basically watching you drive for some time to see how badly misaligned the camera is from install to add a corrective mask to the image before starting to analyze it.
There's no actual learning happening in car, the pre-learned Neural Net is included with the firmware and used for visual recognision of objects, that's all.

Well, my information came straight from a Tesla engineer. Not saying it's accurate, but it's likely to be acurate. What is the source of your information?

So this is what Musk tweeted about pitch angle SW fix?
Actually so many vehicles have so poorly aligned tri-cam blocks Tesla developed a pitch carrier/bracket and a service manual procedure for this issue

Installed the update yesterday and drove 50 miles this morning

I have AP2 and updated from 2017.32.9ea02cb

Major improvements:
1) no more ping pong back and forth in both slow speed and high speed! The ping ping never bothered me. But the improvement is so obvious that I noticed immediately even thought I didn't purposely looked for it

2) no more hugging to left or right side of the lane. On last 2 versions, it was so bad that it was actually driving on the marked lane. I had to turn it off from time to time to reset

3) smooth ride. It is much much smoother to accelerate or brake

4) auto steering is way better. It feels like the car is in control. Before, I always felt uneasy at high speed

One issue:. It suddently slows down when approaching a slow moving 18 wheeler on an adjacent lane. It is not a new issue. Always there.

Overall, best AP2 experience I've even had. It gives me confidence that the car is in control

LOVE IT!
After another 300 miles, my assessment is still the same.

this is by far the best AP2 FW I've ever experience. It is truly "silky smooth" on freeway/highway at slow speed, high speed and stop/go traffic.

I have not spent a lot of time trying on local street. No sure if it improves over previous version.

For those who thinks AP2 is unusable, give it another shot again!

After another 300 miles, my assessment is still the same.

this is by far the best AP2 FW I've ever experience. It is truly "silky smooth" on freeway/highway at slow speed, high speed and stop/go traffic.

I have not spent a lot of time trying on local street. No sure if it improves over previous version.

For those who thinks AP2 is unusable, give it another shot again!
Interesting, thanks. Did you have the other 32.6 release to compare with or did you go straight to 32.9?

Interesting, thanks. Did you have the other 32.6 release to compare with or did you go straight to 32.9?
Actually, 32.6 caxxxx was released after 32.9 xxxx. I upgraded from 32.9 xxxx. I compared to 32.9xxxxx. I don't recall there was other 32.6 versions

32.9 xxxx was just ok. Ping pong quite a bit although it did not bother me, but I know it bothered many people.

Actually, 32.6 caxxxx was released after 32.9 xxxx. I upgraded from 32.9 xxxx. I compared to 32.9xxxxx. I don't recall there was other 32.6 versions

32.9 xxxx was just ok. Ping pong quite a bit although it did not bother me, but I know it bothered many people.
Oh okay. I'm on 32.6 ca* already and it's okay. Love it on the freeways but it's too sluggish in bumper to bumper traffic.

Really? I drive on stop and go traffic all the time. I thought it was excellent

What do you mean by sluggish? I am not challenging you. I am just curious
It takes far too long to respond when traffic starts moving, even on setting 1, and then it can take a very long time before it's actually at the normal "1" distance from the car in front. Meanwhile half a dozen cars from the other lanes have decided that I've left a nice gap for them to move into. If I need to press on the accelerator to encourage it every time then it's unsatisfactory.

It takes far too long to respond when traffic starts moving, even on setting 1, and then it can take a very long time before it's actually at the normal "1" distance from the car in front. Meanwhile half a dozen cars from the other lanes have decided that I've left a nice gap for them to move into. If I need to press on the accelerator to encourage it every time then it's unsatisfactory.
Yeah - this. I wish there was a 0.5 setting

I have a problem with AP that I think was introduced with this release but I'm not absolutely sure it was not present earlier: When the road turns, the car does not stay centered but rather hugs the inside lane, sometimes even crossing the lane marking. The strange thing is that the car seems aware of the misalignment because the center display also renders the car as being close to the inside lane. On multiple occasions I had to take over when I got dangerously close to adjacent cars.

Reactions: daktari
Interesting. My experience is exactly opposite. I set my distance to 4. But on stop and go, it keeps the distance in less than 2 cars until the speed picks up again....The same way I would drive myself

I have a problem with AP that I think was introduced with this release but I'm not absolutely sure it was not present earlier: When the road turns, the car does not stay centered but rather hugs the inside lane, sometimes even crossing the lane marking. The strange thing is that the car seems aware of the misalignment because the center display also renders the car as being close to the inside lane. On multiple occasions I had to take over when I got dangerously close to adjacent cars.
Are U sure you are talking about 2017.32.6xxxx? I had this problem on last version. This version completely fixed it

Got this on my AP1 car today. Will judge later if any improvements for us... anyone else yet?
I thought the Autopilot was a little bit more erratic. It ran out of its lane on the Interstate a couple time, and headed for a concrete barrier to the side.

I don't know if this is the first release that fixes the issue, but the Tow Mode bug is fixed in 2017.32.6 ca28227. For a while before, you couldn't put the car in Tow Mode. It would go in, and then switch back off.