Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.32.6 ca28227

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the update yesterday and drove 50 miles this morning

I have AP2 and updated from 2017.32.9ea02cb

Major improvements:
1) no more ping pong back and forth in both slow speed and high speed! The ping ping never bothered me. But the improvement is so obvious that I noticed immediately even thought I didn't purposely looked for it

2) no more hugging to left or right side of the lane. On last 2 versions, it was so bad that it was actually driving on the marked lane. I had to turn it off from time to time to reset

3) smooth ride. It is much much smoother to accelerate or brake

4) auto steering is way better. It feels like the car is in control. Before, I always felt uneasy at high speed

One issue:. It suddently slows down when approaching a slow moving 18 wheeler on an adjacent lane. It is not a new issue. Always there.

Overall, best AP2 experience I've even had. It gives me confidence that the car is in control

LOVE IT!

One issue I have is that the left side of the line was under a shadow and the AP2 loses sight and can only detect the line on the right under sunlight. Then the autosteer was acting very unstable until the both sides of the line under sunlight .

I did notice today whilst doing the Xmas Easter egg that my wing mirrors now "dance" whereas before they didn't. Happens after the FWD and front doors have done their thing.
Originally with the first iteration, the mirrors used to dance (Dec 2016-Jan 2017). When the brought back the Xmas Easter Egg, the mirrors stopped dancing. It's good to hear that it's back!

Reactions: hiroshiy
3. Radar detected cars are back on dashboard. A few versions before they took out from AP2 cars icons for radar detected cars that are one ahead of car we follow. Now icon on dash is back and it is more stable and not dancing back and forth that much... One funny thing I was going behind semi and it was detected as 2 cars ;-) Still no cars in adjacent lanes on dashboard.

Interestingly enough my MX AP2 now shows the second car icon, but it is dancing back and forth from my lane to the left lane. No cars in the adjacent lanes except for the occasional left lane image mentioned above.

Installed update yesterday morning. Came back in the evening. Fwd opened completely for the first time ever in the garage and hit the ceiling light fixture. Do damage. Thanks xpel ! Tried again and need to stop manually to prevent another collision. This morning, FWD works normally again. Did Tesla changed something about the sensors or it's just an interference?

One thing for folks to keep in mind here is that Tesla does NOT list all of the changes in the update screen as some people may assume. Example, this update has more than 20 changes and most are not visible, yet only 2 are mentioned in the update. Some are discoverable if you look hard enough. Example, touching the "T" logo at the top will reveal that apps have moved to this screen. A couple are a bit humorous and I'm sure some folks will complain as to why is Tesla doing these types of things when there area more important things to improve. Well, you won't like the answer but there are good reasons.

I did notice today whilst doing the Xmas Easter egg that my wing mirrors now "dance" whereas before they didn't. Happens after the FWD and front doors have done their thing.
Glad to hear that Tesla is putting priority on the most important changes in these updates. We wouldn't want them to waste time on fixing the navigation, media playback, autopilot dodginess, autowipers, nor getting to work on FSD.

Since installing 2017.32.6ca28227 yesterday, I have noticed the following:
  • When trying to run ABC news in streaming, I am getting constant loading errors. I was not having this problem with 17.28.4cf44833
  • Homelink is not working when I leave the garage or when I return. I have to hit the Homelink button multiple times to get the garage door to close when leaving the garage and to open when returning.
AP2 autopilot does seem to be smoother than before.

• Informative
Reactions: Softwizard
Hitting the T (and waiting 30 sec) - shows four easter egg icons; (mars, submarine, sketch pad and rainbow lane). Previous, you had to know to type 007 to get submarine.
The previous thumb wheel action - stopped functioning the way I expected. Used to hold it down for 10 sec, then ...while holding, scroll to show "clock" or "tire pressure". Now, hold 10 sec, RELEASE thumb, and now scroll and then press to select.

Have not driven since update - can't talk about AP1 smoothness, etc. Sure wish they would tabulate the changes!!!