TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2017.32.6ca28227

Discussion in 'Autonomous Vehicles' started by buttershrimp, Aug 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Member

new update today, I believe this is the one I witnessed at the model 3 launch with much faster and improved car recognition on the display... I'll link the thread in bit

• Informative x 4
  2. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Member

3. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

Based on a photo by one of the board members, the model 3's were running 2017.30.37ca7cf at the launch party. Hopefully the newer firmware versions for the S/X have the updated code you were seeing as well.

• Informative x 1
  4. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Member

Yes I think you are right... the thing that makes me think it is more like the launch is that I think the suffix looked more familiar but I'm probably just delusional as usual with anticipation excitement

5. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Member

I say the suffix because I definitely remember the "ca" part at the launch even though it also said 17.30... I am thinking that the suffix has the most meaning in this scenario

6. jlund

jlund Member

I believe the suffix is an unique ID, probably some sha digest created by a version control system (e.g. Git). In which case, it "pretty much" must be unique as it is determined by using the actual source code as values against an algorithm and coming up with a summarized ID.

In other words, I think you are right. In Git, Mercurial, etc, you can name a "forked" branch of code or even name the same branch with two different labels/versions (e.g. "17.30", or "Beta") but if the Sha matches (e.g. "9ea02cb"), then it is the same code base just with two different names.

• Like x 1
  7. jlund

jlund Member

8. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Just received this overnight and car self installed without email notification or any other form of input from me. Just noticed the change log when I got in. Auto high beams and revised range estimator.

I've only had a short 20km drive this morning and there were many more cars shown in front of mine on the binnacle display. Sometimes there were up to four extra cars and almost always two with the furthermost a different shade of gray.

• Like x 1
  9. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Member

Awesome!!!!! I knew I wasn't hallucinating! Also, an auto installing update is some serious next level information... next thing you know, you'll step out of the shower and the Model S will be handing you a towel and a cup of coffee

• Funny x 2
  10. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

Driving around my neighborhood this morning after my update, I noticed a lot more stationary cars popping up like you've witnessed in the M3.

• Like x 3
  11. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

I installed this update yesterday and I took my S on a drive last night. I noticed the IC was now showing up to two cars in front of me once again. Also, it did a lot better with staying in the lane and didn't try to dive to the right when a lane line disappeared. It handled some turns better than before (slightly higher speeds) but still had a few curves where it tripped up slightly.

• Like x 1
  12. croman

croman Active Member

I was just about to post about the 2 cars in front. Its not consistent like with 17.17.xx. I mostly see it at stop lights.

What was impressive is that cars are seen even further out and it does the 2 cars during lane changes (shows the car in front of the target lane as gray as well as the car previously in front AND the cars in front of both and tracks them until lane change is complete and blue dotted lines go to solid).

Further, it shows cross traffic briefly again (the first car turning in intersections in front of me appear briefly if they go through slowly (15mph)). It shows first parked car it sees(vision!) but it disappears quickly. Vision just seems to be much improved over the 17.28 fw.

I find that it now will try to take every only lane or exit it sees whereas with 17.28 it took about 15% of them. 17.17.xx would not take any or it was very rare. So that's a bit of a backslide that is frustrating.

Otherwise it seemed very comparable in actual lane performance to 17.28. I found lane changes to initiate even faster and it dives into the lane nicely. Aggressive lane changers will be pleased I think. I think it drives a bit more aggressive, but I've only had the update for one day. I'll see if there is anything else I notice.

• Informative x 2
  13. NerdUno

NerdUno Member

Took a drive on local roads at lunch. Silky sometimes and dangerous as hell at others. Road which curved almost 90 degrees with clearly visible lane marking well before the curve and the car didn't see or slow down for it at all. Tried to take another 45 degree curve on its own and ended up about 6 feet over in the left lane. Then all hell broke loose when it tried to correct itself. I also saw a new glaring red warning with alarm and a braking event for an overhanging tree that's been in place for about 100 years. If it's learnin', you could have fooled me. At least 3 Teslas drive that stretch of road every few days because I see them all the time.

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
  14. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Member

Interesting, definitely not fleet learning, but these last few updates seem to continue calibrating over time... or at least seem to have to dial in again after an update

15. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

I actually found out the hard way that if you turn Autosteer off and back on, it seems to trigger the same kind of re-calibration, where it drives less smoothly and sometimes steers/brakes erratically for a couple dozen miles, and then progressively gets better again...

• Informative x 2
  16. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

Do you mean turning on/off via the stalk, or disabling/re-enabling via the settings on the MCU?

17. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

The setting in the MCU.

• Informative x 3
  18. jim5359

jim5359 Member

If possible, please specify whether you have AP1 or AP2.

I upgraded from 17.26.17 on my AP1 MS this morning and didn't notice any differences on my way to work.

19. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

AP2 here. I got the update yesterday and installed it at work. There were no noticeable changes to AP performance for me. The change log said it only contained minor bug fixes.

20. bsf29

bsf29 Member

Received the update Tuesday and had our 1st drive with it today on our MS 60 AP2 EAP. Much less ping pong on all roads and my wife commented that she didn't feel like she was getting car sick. Highway it seemed good on corners and handled stop and go traffic well. Lane switching was good (about how I would have switched lanes). On back roads (35 & 45 mph zones), there were many corners where it crossed the yellow line or hugged the outside line and I was afraid it was going to drive off of the road. Much worse than our previous 869 but I don't have many miles on this version. It still doesn't recognize speed limit signs or getting speed limit from GPS on non-highways. I finally had 3 instances where it discovered parking spots. Never had this option show before. 17.17.4 is still the best EAP update we have had since we picked up the car in Feb.

• Like x 2