Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this update a few days ago, and just noticed that the animated steering wheel icon from UI 7.0 is back - the blue autopilot steering wheel moves to track the actual steering wheel again (I've been missing this - I got my X in late September and had UI 7 for a couple of weeks with the old icons, the moving steering wheel was a nice touch).
Hmm I am pretty sure my steering wheel icon has been turning according to actual steering. Is that an AP2 thing that has no animation?

The steering wheel icon in AP2 for as long as I can remember has always turned with the steering, it's not static when engaged, It is static when not engaged.
I checked some older AP1 videos, and I must just not be very observant... looks like it's always turned! Whoops.

To add some actual relevant information, I had a chance to try a Model X AP2 loaner (same firmware, 1b27c6d) last week on some familiar routes, and it did pretty well. With AP1, I trust the car almost completely and have no fears with relaxing a bit. AP2 seems a little jumpy but still performed well - mostly the braking was more enthusiastic than I'd prefer, but no problems.

Reactions: BigD0g
I've got my "only one wing mirror auto folding" problem back :(

This first happened with 17.32 whereby, after playing the Xmas Easter egg, only one wing mirror would auto fold. I got it "fixed" with 17.34 but now it has returned with 17.36. Again, only happens after doing the Xmas Easter egg. It's the right hand mirror that continues to fold.

Not sure if I ever played the Xmas Easter egg with 17.34 so the bug might have persisted through updates. Rebooting MCU and IC doesn't fix, however, a new update does clear it.

Something else I just noticed today, or maybe I’m just miss-remembering; I remember highbeams came on gradually to illuminate high up on the distant road but now I also notice a sudden decrease in light immediately front of the car when going from low to high. This is on an AP1 MX.