Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.38 f87c64d5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've tried my best to get my autopilot to fail in weird and wonderful ways and places to try and convince the mothership to send me this latest version so I can do my winding road test but alas I haven't gotten a notification and still am on .36 (which was objectively better than .34 on my winding test.)

I've tried my best to get my autopilot to fail in weird and wonderful ways and places to try and convince the mothership to send me this latest version so I can do my winding road test but alas I haven't gotten a notification and still am on .36 (which was objectively better than .34 on my winding test.)

I honestly don't think the mothership reacts in that way to fails on your car. Heck if anything, that would arguably be contrary to their claim that the data is anonymized and not identifiable….

Count yourself lucky that you're on .36 though — I'm still on .34.

I honestly don't think the mothership reacts in that way to fails on your car. Heck if anything, that would arguably be contrary to their claim that the data is anonymized and not identifiable….

Count yourself lucky that you're on .36 though — I'm still on .34.
Oh I'm quite sure they don't react that way... however, logic like that never stops me trying!

Forgot one issue, auto high beams.
The are quite specific to dim but are way to slow to fire up again after oncoming trafic passed. Between 2-3 seconds, must be fixed!
I usually practice engaging when at the side of oncoming car, meaning no driving in the dark. 3 seconds at 90 km/h in pitch black is just not good enough.
it's because they don't "blink" back on...they transition or "fade" up (lol, don't know how to say it) to full bright.

i used to think the same.

i noticed a message i've never seen pop up before, forgive me if people have noticed it in the past.

i tried to engage TACC/AP at only 18mph in a residential area at around the same time a bike crossed the road like 500'/1 block in front of me. i got a message that said: "Autopilot Unavailable" and just below that in smaller letters it said: "Object Detected In Path"

i couldn't grab a photo as the message stayed up for only about 2-3 seconds...so, is this something new?

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
i noticed a message i've never seen pop up before, forgive me if people have noticed it in the past.

i tried to engage TACC/AP at only 18mph in a residential area at around the same time a bike crossed the road like 500'/1 block in front of me. i got a message that said: "Autopilot Unavailable" and just below that in smaller letters it said: "Object Detected In Path"

i couldn't grab a photo as the message stayed up for only about 2-3 seconds...so, is this something new?

Not new. I see this happening with pedestrians below 18mph.

My Policy: If you jaywalk in front of my car, I will use you to test out Autopilot corner cases. I'll make a best effort to not mow you down but I probably won't make effort to feel bad about your choice to jaywalk :D

Yep, 17.38 is now obsolete and now a subbranch is new. Wonder if it really fixes something in it or what. 17.38.4.

The logic seems weird. If it really fixed something in 17.38, you’d think every car on 38 would instantly get 17.38.4.

Unless they are A/B (or A/B/C/D) testing between 17.34, 36, 38, and 38.4…..

The new statistics they collect seem to paint a much deeper picture of autopilot performance. It very well could be the reason why they seem to spend more time testing instead of rolling things out suddenly.

.38 is on my X and AP2 is significantly better in a few situations, one line disappearing the car seems much less "panicked" (darting around). Intersections when following a car it will decide to follow instead of feeling like it just woke up from a nightmare and has no idea what to do.. Intersections with no car to follow it handles FAR better than AP2 has since I've seen AP2 cars (which is about 1-2 months).

It's much more pleasant to let it drive than before, but a LONG ways to go.. But good progress..

Unless they are A/B (or A/B/C/D) testing between 17.34, 36, 38, and 38.4…..

The new statistics they collect seem to paint a much deeper picture of autopilot performance. It very well could be the reason why they seem to spend more time testing instead of rolling things out suddenly.
A/B testing on real cars on the road? What are we, guinea pigs? First they let us test the beta software for them, now they are testing on us.

• Funny
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
They should remove the fade also. High beams don't need to be elegant.

lolololol

Tesla is all about sex. The high beams need to be elegant. If they can add at very little cost anything that makes the car seem more refined superficially, they will do it. A fade on the high beams is exactly that sort of thing. Stick a couple of cheap LEDs on the doors and call it "premium ambient lighting" and make it switchable from the touchscreen? Sold!

The touchscreen bit is really great for Tesla, because the established manufacturers are still trying to figure out this whole software thing... that level of software/hardware/UI integration is still beyond them... but not for long, watch out Tesla! BTW you can control those auto high beams from the touchscreen too, isn't that cool? If only they'd let you configure the fade interval... but now it's starting to feel complicated, and Tesla is gearing up for mass market and simplifying their UIs -- which means of course reducing the number of things you can customize to avoid overwhelming the muggles.

(Love my Tesla. Not a hater. But this is the reality of the way Tesla designs.)

...The touchscreen bit is really great for Tesla, because the established manufacturers are still trying to figure out this whole software thing... that level of software/hardware/UI integration is still beyond them... but not for long, watch out Tesla!...

so true! the new Porsche Mission E is supposed to updated via OTA updates. :D can't wait, it can only get better from here.