Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.38 f87c64d5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well... We have @verygreen ;)
Yes, yes we do, and we love his contributions!

But I was thinking more of someone that could shed light on WTF we have hashcodes on public release numbers.
Why we have branches sometimes and not others.
Why there are release notes with no content or repeated content.

Inquiring computer people want to *know*!

:D

...what version did you make your video on...

I've been using 8.1 (2017.34 2448cfc) since 9/6/2017 and recorded the 40 minute video.

Now, I watched it again, it was hilarious because I was so naive and thought I would have an uneventful and boring trip.

I don't usually take risk but for the sake of video I did with unfamiliar terrain.

As soon as I mumbled to myself in the video that it's so relaxing but then quickly, I had to admit it's so stressful because the system could go rogue at any time and would hit the cement barrier in the construction zone.

I then was so glad that the barrier moved further away from my car but then there's an unexpected construction curve!

I thought that would be the end but then there were no lane markings because the new asphalt covered them over!!!

Of course it would be more relaxing trip if I took evasive maneuvers: drive in the middle of the road, not at the edge, manual steering when no lane markings spotted...

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
I got this latest version at my local service center (vehicle in for 12.5k mile service and fixing a few problems).

My impressions so far are that it does well on the interstate, and pretty well in stop and go traffic. Perhaps a bit better than 2017.34...cfc, but not significantly different.

On surface roads, I now find that it loses track of the road markings on curves. This is new, .34 seemed to keep track of the lanes pretty well around these same curves.

When going down hill, it completely loses the road markings at the bottom as the road starts to go back up hill. This is consistent with .34.

In my mind, this version seems to be a step back on local roads, and about the same on the interstate.

Used 17.38 yesterday on our trip to Skyline Drive. Not sure if any AP is supposed to be able to react quickly enough on the curves in Shenandoah Park (even at the speed limit of 35-37 mph) but it couldn’t handle that at all.

On the easier trip out and back, autosteer consistently stayed too far to the left; the last version I had more than a few minutes experience with was 17.24 (old numbering) or something back on our overnight demo and I thought this (now) was worse. Sigh... TACC, on the other hand, did a great job.

Now waiting for a new version, as 17.38.4 doesn’t even seem to be rolling out at all quickly!