Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hahah - very interesting that we all have different experiences! Mine has always been very well centered until this release. I guess what I'm noticing is it seems to be giving more bias to strongly defined lines and less bias to what might not be real lane lines.
Interesting..... I have had it ignore those 'repair' lines more recently, as you say.. so, that is an improvement. But it was definitely hugging the left to the extent I had to take control many times when a wider truck was one lane over.

Weird....

Hi I’m noticing some thing interesting from the SW update. I went from .34 to .40 like the others on My S90D the 34 was pretty spot on and was near perfect on well marked super highways and I even went on a Long trip to Pittsburg from Virginia and did it for hours in AP2 autosteer, 70ish mph . Then moving to .40 it was screen lane bouncing, not so much in the actual lane position and hugging the right side to the point of making me nervous . Now as I deliberately use it on my daily commute it is getting back to where it was slowly so it seems that it has to essentially relearning thing s by me taking it out of autopilot and reestablishing it, then letting it go when it does it right l I also use it deliberately on windy side roads and it seems about the same as .34 but is re learning those roads too . I will push to keep using it lot to see if I can get it to settle down to how,.34 was going. Which was really good for me. I’m to the point that it works fine on nearly all the roads I use. Now I need exit lane departure (I can fake it out with lane change sometimes) , and red light/stop sign detection and then I could leave it on all the time ;) . Whatever it was dongs. On .34 was pretty good for me, .40 looks like it might get back to the same performance

Now as I deliberately use it on my daily commute it is getting back to where it was slowly so it seems that it has to essentially relearning thing s by me taking it out of autopilot and reestablishing it, then letting it go when it does it right l I also use it deliberately on windy side roads and it seems about the same as .34 but is re learning those roads too .
I'm pretty sure it's all placebo as there is no continuous learning within each car. There is only the initial calibration period to enable autopilot and that's it. Any further data it collects it sends to Tesla and it may or may not contribute to fleet learning and training the neural network.

Reactions: boaterva
I just got the following update 2017.42 a88c8d5 this morning. I went from 2017.36 straight to this. I didn't have any issues with homelink with the earlier version. I just tried now with the 2017.42 and homelink still works (1 try). Will give it more tries later. Car is a Sept 75D build.

The notes only have an extension of AEB to 90 MPH. It's *supposed* to have the Homelink fix (from 17.41) and the firmware fix that bricked several X's (mine included) on a random/rare issue. But we know they never document bug fixes.

I updated my S75 this morning to 17.42 and the new notes have the AEB extension AND folding mirrors at higher speed. It also repeats the update notes from 40.1 as many folks didn't get that and 17.42 appears to be a real push. As far as HomeLink, I won't be able to tell fully till tomorrow morning, but so far, it seems to be working fine, with less of a delay between hitting the button and the transmit signal more consistently...

Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Two days ago, I got asked to install 2017..40.1 e29b97f. In the morning drive I found that I can no longer see the street speed limits and no lane markers on any road, cruise control says ‘cruise not available’.

Then today, I tried again.

Turned off the car for two minutes. When it was back took a drive around the block and then took on highway. Here is what happened:

At the beginning there was nothing then for a short period it showed the speed limit and the lane lines and was able engage the cruise. Then stopped at a stop sign and after that speed limit gone also the lane markers. Going to highway did not help.

Do any of you guys experience this too?

Two days ago, I got asked to install 2017..40.1 e29b97f. In the morning drive I found that I can no longer see the street speed limits and no lane markers on any road, cruise control says ‘cruise not available’.

Then today, I tried again.

Turned off the car for two minutes. When it was back took a drive around the block and then took on highway. Here is what happened:

At the beginning there was nothing then for a short period it showed the speed limit and the lane lines and was able engage the cruise. Then stopped at a stop sign and after that speed limit gone also the lane markers. Going to highway did not help.

Do any of you guys experience this too?

Me !!! My TACC and Autosteer only works randomly after the update to 2017.40.1. I tried rebooting, reset to factory setting, power off, rubbing and cleaning the windscreen like hell until it shines ..... none worked for me. I called tesla and they said they could "SEE" my camera not seeing the road.

I wonder whether this is the bug of 2017.40.1

I recently got this upgrade. I just noticed that my mirrors now unfold as I approach the car at the same time the handles present. It used to wait to do the mirrors until a door was opened. This makes for extra wear and tear on the mirror when I walk by the car in the garage.

Me !!! My TACC and Autosteer only works randomly after the update to 2017.40.1. I tried rebooting, reset to factory setting, power off, rubbing and cleaning the windscreen like hell until it shines ..... none worked for me. I called tesla and they said they could "SEE" my camera not seeing the road.

I wonder whether this is the bug of 2017.40.1

Where did you call? This is my first rodeo :(

• Disagree
Reactions: boaterva
Here is an update on my 40.1 experience.

I was on 17.34 before this update and it was significantly worse than the previous release (17.28) when using autosteer in the presense of tar strips (even squiggly ones). I travel the same route a couple times every day on the westbound lane of the QEW at border of Oakville/Burlington and on 17.34 I had to shut down autosteer for the first time ever along that stretch as it could not detect the lines when tar strips appeared. The previous release was a bit jumpy at the particular location but 17.34 was unusable. The good news is that 40.1 has seemingly fixed it. The only issue with this release is it jerks a bit when the HOV lane widens when wide spaced double line goes to single dashed line. You can see it loses one of the lines momentarily. I have also had a couple phantom braking moments on the highway. Homelink didn't work at first but it seems to be working now without any intervention.

If you don’t need something physically fixed (a part replaced), call HQ (‭1 (877) 798-3752‬) and talk to Customer Support. They can access your car and see if they can fix things without bothering Roadside Assistance or your Service Center.

In fact that number should be a speed dial on your phone since it’s the sane number for Roadside, for Supercharger issue reports, etc.

I am living in Hong Kong. Now is even more weird. The TACC works in day time but only occasionally in night time. I surrendered and rang them up again - they obviously denied the issue is due to firmware problem, they even said it's just a beta .... therefore bound to have these issues....... really pissed me off..

I will take my model X to service centre later....

Hope I will get another update before that to save me a visit...

This update has totally Bjorked my AP1. No good, please revert. lane markers not being read, trucks seen as cars and seen jumping into my lane ahead causing emergency braking. Much more swerving than usual. Many issues on my routine 100 mile commute. I hate overreacting but the previous updates did not improve anything, this last one has ruined AP for me. I know there is another version that was released after this but I just received this update a couple of days ago. Homelink has also gone bad. I suspect sabotage! :mad:

This update has totally Bjorked my AP1. No good, please revert. lane markers not being read, trucks seen as cars and seen jumping into my lane ahead causing emergency braking. Much more swerving than usual. Many issues on my routine 100 mile commute. I hate overreacting but the previous updates did not improve anything, this last one has ruined AP for me. I know there is another version that was released after this but I just received this update a couple of days ago. Homelink has also gone bad. I suspect sabotage! :mad:
Maybe give it ~50 miles for AutoPilot to re-calibrate?