Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hm, that would usually be an 'AP not avail' message, not 'whacked out in service'... Is there a way for us to reset it ourselves if we wanted to?
I just picked up a brand-new loaner S today (14km on odometer) and technician said that even after AutoPilot becomes available to be careful because it still might be squirrelly. I'm guessing that the calibration phase continues even after AP becomes available, and there is a constant improvement over the next few days.

I just picked up a brand-new loaner S today (14km on odometer) and technician said that even after AutoPilot becomes available to be careful because it still might be squirrelly. I'm guessing that the calibration phase continues even after AP becomes available, and there is a constant improvement over the next few days.
Good to know.... you would still think there would be a way to reset it, if you thought or wanted to restart the process!

Maybe give it ~50 miles for AutoPilot to re-calibrate?

I'm still using it, trying to see if it improves on its own. Do you know if re calibration is necessary after every AP update? I don't recall any of these issues being so severe after previous updates. AP1 was so solid compared to AP2, (I have driven both). Now AP1 is learning bad habits from AP2.

I'm still using it, trying to see if it improves on its own. Do you know if re calibration is necessary after every AP update? I don't recall any of these issues being so severe after previous updates. AP1 was so solid compared to AP2, (I have driven both). Now AP1 is learning bad habits from AP2.
I don't know if recalibration is needed after an OTA update. Just speculating - something to consider. Let us all know if it improves in the coming days.

Reactions: systemcrashed
I am living in Hong Kong. Now is even more weird. The TACC works in day time but only occasionally in night time. I surrendered and rang them up again - they obviously denied the issue is due to firmware problem, they even said it's just a beta .... therefore bound to have these issues....... really pissed me off..

I will take my model X to service centre later....

Hope I will get another update before that to save me a visit...
Good Luck, not sure why 2017.44 fixed it for me, but there are others report similar issues even in the latest firmware. Perhaps SC could escalate this issue better. Keep us updated. Good Luck!

If you don’t need something physically fixed (a part replaced), call HQ (‭1 (877) 798-3752‬) and talk to Customer Support. They can access your car and see if they can fix things without bothering Roadside Assistance or your Service Center.

In fact that number should be a speed dial on your phone since it’s the sane number for Roadside, for Supercharger issue reports, etc.
Per Customer support, a technician looked at my logs, also when I stopped by SC they also downloaded my logs. Asked me to wait for 2017.42, which did not help and then I got a call from SC for an appointment scheduled, just before the appointment, my car got an update for 2017.44 and that did the trick. Now all driver assistance features are online and working as expected. Thanks for the replies. Cheers...