Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
it's happened again! seems to be a more regular occurrence which is good?

received this email at 3:02 am Saturday morning"

"Software version 2017.42 a88c8d5 was just detected on a Tesla model S85D with Autopilot hardware. The highest previous version was 2017.41.6 6dc7353. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com."

please post any changes that may be observed.

a
What? That is from Saturday.... We've been talking about it all weekend. It's a bad release, and 17.42.1 was just released. TeslaFi actually just sent an email about *it*!

Just got new update: 2017.42 a88c8d5
argh, i can't win! sorry @boaterva i really don't get to close to the computer to much during the weekend...i also didn't see it on the 1st page my bad, i'll have to search threads more diligently.

a

argh, i can't win! sorry @boaterva i really don't get to close to the computer to much during the weekend...i also didn't see it on the 1st page my bad, i'll have to search threads more diligently.
No prob, for once we tried to use one thread, this one on the S side. :D This release was a nightmare, causing alerts and burying Roadside Saturday. It was pulled Saturday night.

We assume 17.42.1 (JUST released) is the replacement.

Used AP2 on our X tonight with new update. Can't complain (for now). Handled quite nicely. Much better that 2017.34 ... so far. Will keep testing this week in more similar conditions where 2017.34 kept failing.

Just got back from testing new software for AutoPilot. AP2 is, IMHO, at parity with AP1 for Highway driving.

Took it through many of our same routes where I know where previous iterations of AP would fail/succeed. AP2 with this update drove like a champ. Very stable, confidence inspiring. 0.34 had a lot of trouble with keeping the lanes and would wobble a lot. This update got rid of all that. Drove just like our AP1 (S) with 0.40. Also hit traffic—did great with that.

I intentionally drove in the right lanes where I knew 0.34 would try to dive off—only felt a little wobble with 0.42, but otherwise stayed with the main route. Tested a short bit on local roads, did great until the road widened and lane markers disappeared.

The only difference I could tell was the lane change. This update fixed a lot of things with it, but is a bit more conservative than our S (AP1 with 0.40). Interestingly there was a point where I was in the left lane and turned on the indicator to changed into the clear middle lane (three lane highway each way). There was a car in the far right lane in what could be considered my blind spot (I always check and could see the car on the rear-view). Auto-lane change wouldn’t change lane. I had to manually over-ride it. Curious, since if the lane change was basing it more on the ultrasonics, the car in the far right lane was too far away to be picked up... is it using the side cameras too?

Overall super happy with 0.42. Oh, and had no problems with Homelink.

...The only difference I could tell was the lane change. This update fixed a lot of things with it, but is a bit more conservative than our S (AP1 with 0.40). Interestingly there was a point where I was in the left lane and turned on the indicator to changed into the clear middle lane (three lane highway each way). There was a car in the far right lane in what could be considered my blind spot (I always check and could see the car on the rear-view). Auto-lane change wouldn’t change lane. I had to manually over-ride it. Curious, since if the lane change was basing it more on the ultrasonics, the car in the far right lane was too far away to be picked up... is it using the side cameras too?...

does it do low speed lane change now?

my car can change lanes when slowing from 30+ MPH down into the 20's...

i could never get AP2 to change on non-highway roads...

30 miles so far and currently in the model x on this update. Like a fresh breath of air, this car is driving so comfortable and confident compared to the previous update. I am noticing more frequent hold steering wheel prompts, but it’s turning corners now when it would previously jump out of the lane. Wow I love it

• Informative
Reactions: Carl and EinSV