Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.44 AP worse than .42

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.44 really was cosmetic it has no changes to NN / Driving from .42 it was just the chill mode and it's a slow release because it's only being installed by the SC's I suspect. .44 will not go wide, we should see another big one I suspect sometime in Dec.

.44 really was cosmetic it has no changes to NN / Driving from .42 it was just the chill mode and it's a slow release because it's only being installed by the SC's I suspect.

Your suspicions are not correct. I received both .42 and .44 over WiFi. Also not true, as far as I've seen to date at least, .44 has been better than .42 in the limited driving I've done with it. True at least on the roads I've been on.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I now have video of three trials of 2017.44 on my "torture course" taken yesterday in my MX. I apologize in advance for the audio quality and some errors in the narrative, but the essential point is that 2017.44 has problems with the third challenge (second exit pass) similar to the problems observed in 2017.36. There is also an interesting variation in vehicle responses on the second exit pass between the three trials. I hadn't tried this multiple times on a firmware build before, but I will in the future.

2017.42 worked nearly perfectly on the second exit pass.

In the first two tests (not recorded) with 2017.44 in a loaner MX and my own MX, both vehicles swerved left and right while passing the second exit, and I had to take over from AP to maintain lane control. I've now run the test five times involving two different vehicles.

I note that 2017.44 performs about the same as 2017.42 on the first (first exit pass) and the second (highway rise and right turn), which are improvements over 2017.36. In the second pass, there was some slight swerving left-right on the highway rise and right turn.

First pass:

Second pass:

Third pass:

The 2017.36 test videos can be found in the thread AP 2 Bad Behavior - 1b27c6d

Also, I discovered another challenge on the southbound side of this freeway, a drop and left turn segment that yields lane control instability from AP. I'll include that in future tests.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna