Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.46 3387a54 is out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just applied this update (2017.46) to my 2017 MS and now my Autopilot and TACC are completely disabled. The icons do not appear on the screen and when I pull on the level, I get an error message stating "Cruise not available." I did a two button reset with no effect. Everything else works.

Has anyone had this happen after applying this update?

The service center has initiated something that allows me to report the issue to them for review via the car. I will be doing that shortly.

Needless to say, I am not happy. I am on Autopilot 90% of the time in my daily driving.

I’m in the same ugly boat with you
Mine lost AP when pushed 2017.44
Support was pretty much useless, they initiated a call to local SC where they pushed 2017.46
To no avail, still nothing, AP remains disabled
I’ve tried everything from soft reboots to hard reboot and nada
SC pulled logs and found an error with a side repeater in the front passenger camera so they will replace that
I think it’s more software bug related but we will see next week
Also, I’ve noticed my headlights stay on when the car is on......I guess the sensor is built into the camera suite in AP2
This just makes me think further that’s its a software issue which would suck

Looks like there’s a new version now...
2017.46.8 50d6145.
34AF1F23-1E73-40BA-9877-233FEE074728.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Yuri_G
Does anybody else think that it's crazy that Tesla includes the bare minimum release notes for these new versions? Why are customers kept in the dark about changes to the behaviour of the car? The funny thing is that different people report different things about the AP changes. I wonder how much of this is just placebo, to the point that it wouldn't surprise me at all if no changes were made in the latest version.

Does anybody else think that it's crazy that Tesla includes the bare minimum release notes for these new versions? Why are customers kept in the dark about changes to the behaviour of the car? The funny thing is that different people report different things about the AP changes. I wonder how much of this is just placebo, to the point that it wouldn't surprise me at all if no changes were made in the latest version.
Yeah that's it - the autopilot dev team is just screwing around and sending out updated versions with no code change - to screw with your head. 'Cause they have lots of free time on their hands. Yep.

Yeah that's it - the autopilot dev team is just screwing around and sending out updated versions with no code change - to screw with your head. 'Cause they have lots of free time on their hands. Yep.

That's not really fair to @BinaryField IMO.

Since Tesla doesn't inform us what parts of the car have been updated, it is quite possible AP2 is not updated in some version, while some other car subsystem is - and that reactions from AP2 testing would indeed be placebo, given how hard it is to form consistent, replicable experiences in the real world.

That's not really fair to @BinaryField IMO.

Since Tesla doesn't inform us what parts of the car have been updated, it is quite possible AP2 is not updated in some version, while some other car subsystem is - and that reactions from AP2 testing would indeed be placebo, given how hard it is to form consistent, replicable experiences in the real world.
Okay fair enough - decent point. It's Thanksgiving here in the U.S. so I have to be nice to you today.