Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.48 a774ed8 Is out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had the auto-opening charge port a few times(most recently coming back from Thanksgiving with the .42 update). I don't think that's so much a new thing as much as it's just wildly inconsistent, to the point that it's extremely rare that it actually happens.

Aha - thanks. Inconsistency is much better than tin foil :).

In terms of the charge port auto opening, was there anybody else at the Super Charger? If they were pressing the charge button on the handle, there’s a pretty decent range that causes all charge ports on all cars to open.

Yanno, this was indeed the case - it was a full house, and there was someone behind me (it's a 6/2 config - 6 in a row and then 2 behind those with a sidewalk in between). Will keep this in mind as well.

FWIW, I just got 2017.48 from 2017.44. Not noticing any huge differences but it did make it across my city commute route twice with zero interventions other than stopping for the occasional traffic light. 2017.44 can manage this on a really good day too, so I'll need more time to differentiate.

I want to claim that 2017.48 is doing a better job of staying centered on curves and inclines, but I don't have enough data points to know that for sure. I plan on driving 600 miles this weekend so I'll know for sure by then :D

• Informative
Reactions: croman and EinSV
FWIW, I just got 2017.48 from 2017.44. Not noticing any huge differences but it did make it across my city commute route twice with zero interventions other than stopping for the occasional traffic light. 2017.44 can manage this on a really good day too, so I'll need more time to differentiate.

I want to claim that 2017.48 is doing a better job of staying centered on curves and inclines, but I don't have enough data points to know that for sure. I plan on driving 600 miles this weekend so I'll know for sure by then :D

I forget, was it you or calisnow that seemed to have gotten vector maps(embarrassing to say, but I only recently realized you were different people)

I'm going to say, 2017.48 seems to be the more refined version of 2017.42/44. There's nothing terribly earth shattering, it's not like the jump from .34 to .42 where it's like OMG did they just swap me out with AP1?

When going through intersections with curves, .48 seems to do the right thing more often than .44 did for me. And there does seem to be a lot less microcorrecting (e.g. wiggling of the steering wheel in straight sections). Finally, 2017.48 seems to hold the lane much better around curves rather than biasing left or right. Note that it's not COMPLETELY gone, but with that said, it's not as ridiculously pronounced as it was on 2017.42 and 2017.44.

Overall though, if you're on .42, it's nothing to hold your breath over. I'm surprised they're rolling this release out so slowly, but there's not much to write home about. Certainly welcome improvements but nothing must-have.

FWIW at this point, driving both my AP2 on .48 and a coworker's AP1 on .42, it's really hard to tell a difference. If anything, AP2 is offering Autosteer on more residential streets than AP1 would, and AP2 appears to negotiate sharp curves at higher speeds than AP1.

I do like Chill mode with .48 so far. It’s not great when acceleration is needed, of course, but it does make low speed stop and go easier with TACC and AS.

Just got the dreaded vertical green fuzz of death in the rear view display though. This after a recent reboot due to non-responsive and/or very delayed voice command processing. A subsequent scroll wheel reboot seems to have made the problem go away for now.

If you haven’t tried Chill mode with AP2, give it a shot. I understand it’s bueno with AP1 as well. Tames the rough edges of AP2 somewhat.

One new change we noticed in .48 is that the dome lights turn on when unlocking the car. We had three cars lined up (.42, .46 and .48) and unlocked them via the fobs. The car on .48 had the dome lights on so we thought something was wrong. We checked all of the software settings and couldn't find a place to change it to not turn the lights on automatically. Normally it wouldn't be an issue but we were trying to take a picture of the cars with just the headlights on. The .46 car got updated to .48 a couple of days ago and now turns on the dome lights when unlocking.