Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.2 3bd9f6d Is out, Easy Entry after belt unbuckle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 2017.50.2 3bd9f6d this morning, biggest change is that Easy Entry is now activated after seat unbuckle. A lot better, I disabled it because it started to move things when I put it in Park, which you need to to stop the chime when a door is opened or to pop out the door handles. I now re-activated it...

Smoother ride on AP, no big differences noticed but I only took it for a short test ride. Battery preheat doesn’t show in the App, but it is way above freezing here so that might be the cause.

First entry on the Firmware tracker, that’s also a first for me o_O

Didn’t 17.50.1 also have that? Maybe the notes didn’t say it.... We definitely need a consolidated firmware thread/forum/something.

Have we ever seen new features in an x.x.x release? I thought it was only to fix something like 17.50.1 and 17.42.1. did.

No idea what is up here with 17.50.2. May be why .1 hasn’t gone full release?

Reactions: TrevTremaine
7429CD0F-AF97-4110-BA7B-808EC5C713CD.jpeg
Release notes.

I really don’t understand Tesla’s FW update rollouts.

I get wanting to seed a few owners to test new characteristics, but to then have owners being 3-4 issues behind seems silly.

I am on 46, so I really don’t have room to complain. But when folks on 42 (or older in some cases) can’t get updates on their own schedule (even with strong WiFi) seems ridiculous.

I’d much prefer the Apple system to check for new firmware and install it when you choose.

I really don’t understand Tesla’s FW update rollouts.

That's OK, nobody does.

I’d much prefer the Apple system to check for new firmware and install it when you choose.

Tesla uses the fleet as beta testers... so they'll send out a FW update for a small group of people to beta/stress test it, and then if it seems to work, then they'll start rolling it out across the fleet.

Apple, OTOH probably has thousands of internal beta testers to test every aspect of a FW release before it goes GA.

If you look at the stats on EV-FW.com, you'll see a release every couple of months that goes out to several hundreds of cars. Other interim releases are usually under 100 or 200 cars.

I don't think Tesla wants to do it the Apple way, because they just don't have the infrastructure to support everyone downloading a FW update at the same time, especially over 3G/LTE where they're footing the bill.

disclaimer: I'm still on .42 and can't do a damn thing about it. I was even at the Milford Service center yesterday (not for service) and that didn't even trigger an update (yes, I know that's not a thing anymore).