TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2017.50.2 3bd9f6d Is out, Easy Entry after belt unbuckle

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by UNSTPBL, Dec 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. UNSTPBL

UNSTPBL Member

Just received notification from teslafi this came out. Any new features?

• Funny x 1
  2. Duke-U

Duke-U Member

Got 2017.50.2 3bd9f6d this morning, biggest change is that Easy Entry is now activated after seat unbuckle. A lot better, I disabled it because it started to move things when I put it in Park, which you need to to stop the chime when a door is opened or to pop out the door handles. I now re-activated it...

Smoother ride on AP, no big differences noticed but I only took it for a short test ride. Battery preheat doesn’t show in the App, but it is way above freezing here so that might be the cause.

First entry on the Firmware tracker, that’s also a first for me o_O

• Informative x 4
  3. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

Per EV-FW rules, this gives you the right to name the new FW. Send him an email with your selected name and your fame will be preserved....

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 3
  4. PaulusdB

PaulusdB Mayor Gnomus Vintage Limb

him = @HankLloydRight

• Like x 2
  5. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

I just assumed HE is so famous he didn’t need to be identified.

Actually I was too lazy to run over to the site and refresh my memory re his handle.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. jlund

jlund Member

If you’re looking for ideas, how about “chill entry”?

A tip of the hat to the previous chill mode release in that easy entry is slower to initiate. Also acknowledges battery pre heating. :)

7. Duke-U

Duke-U Member

Chill Entry it is, good suggestion, @HankLloydRight can you take care of that?

8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Didn’t 17.50.1 also have that? Maybe the notes didn’t say it.... We definitely need a consolidated firmware thread/forum/something.

Have we ever seen new features in an x.x.x release? I thought it was only to fix something like 17.50.1 and 17.42.1. did.

No idea what is up here with 17.50.2. May be why .1 hasn’t gone full release?

• Like x 1
  9. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

There is one already: Firmware 8.1

10. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Right, but.... as we’ve discussed, most people don’t go outside the S/X/3 threads and don’t see that this topic (seatbelt easy exit) was mentioned elsewhere.

Hard thing to fix....

• Like x 1
  11. Duke-U

Duke-U Member

7429CD0F-AF97-4110-BA7B-808EC5C713CD.jpeg Release notes.

12. Cirrus MS100D

Cirrus MS100D Member

Thanks for sharing! Release notes for 50.2 appear to be the same as 50.1, which one would expect.

13. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

Still stuck on .44. they said i had a failed update 6 days ago. I hope my system isnt stuck

14. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Supporting Member

Still on .42. Maybe i will get the update when we take the S to pick up the 3 next week. I will press them! So much for "Chill"

15. pdx3181

pdx3181 Supporting Member

I really don’t understand Tesla’s FW update rollouts.

I get wanting to seed a few owners to test new characteristics, but to then have owners being 3-4 issues behind seems silly.

I am on 46, so I really don’t have room to complain. But when folks on 42 (or older in some cases) can’t get updates on their own schedule (even with strong WiFi) seems ridiculous.

I’d much prefer the Apple system to check for new firmware and install it when you choose.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  16. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

I got 50.2 today as well. I was on 44 for about 2 months. It failed, but my car and app show it's on 50.2 and the release notes display the change to improved easy entry.

Also there's a new Easter egg: HO HO HO mode.

Haven't tried that yet

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  17. ranma64

ranma64 Member

Really??? Show it!!!!!

18. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

That's OK, nobody does.

Tesla uses the fleet as beta testers... so they'll send out a FW update for a small group of people to beta/stress test it, and then if it seems to work, then they'll start rolling it out across the fleet.

Apple, OTOH probably has thousands of internal beta testers to test every aspect of a FW release before it goes GA.

If you look at the stats on EV-FW.com, you'll see a release every couple of months that goes out to several hundreds of cars. Other interim releases are usually under 100 or 200 cars.

I don't think Tesla wants to do it the Apple way, because they just don't have the infrastructure to support everyone downloading a FW update at the same time, especially over 3G/LTE where they're footing the bill.

disclaimer: I'm still on .42 and can't do a damn thing about it. I was even at the Milford Service center yesterday (not for service) and that didn't even trigger an update (yes, I know that's not a thing anymore).

• Like x 4
  19. nickell

nickell Member

What is Ho ho ho mode?

• Funny x 1