Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.2 3bd9f6d Is out, Easy Entry after belt unbuckle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't realize there was a "comfort" setting but that was my previous gripe about auto steer and forcing it to disengage. On our current return trip, I've turned off the lane change feature as honestly it was just too inconsistent and more stressful trying to anticipate whether our model X would make a smooth lane change or kamikaze across two lane change. Really wish I had a phone mount so I could record a video of this behavior. What I did notice and not sure if this was implemented in an earlier release is that with auto lane change disabled and while in auto steer, when you use your turn signal, there is barely any resistance to auto steer disengagement. Passengers definitely preferred this... Now if we can lower the volume on the constant auto steer engage/ disengage chime...;)
You can push forward on the short stalk (AP/TACC) and that will cancel Auto Pilot.

50.2 lane changing works better now for me. Before this release it took far too long after i initiated turn signal to begin lane changing often allowing other vehicles to get into the area i intended to change into. Now when i trigger it to change lanes, it responds in a timely fashion just as i expect. I do not want it to go back to the slow passive lane changing.

Reactions: conman and plumazul
50.2 lane changing works better now for me. Before this release it took far too long after i initiated turn signal to begin lane changing often allowing other vehicles to get into the area i intended to change into. Now when i trigger it to change lanes, it responds in a timely fashion just as i expect. I do not want it to go back to the slow passive lane changing.
That's the thing - you will always find people who prefer one behaviour over the other based on how much it mimics the drivers own style of driving. If it's more aggressive that suits me perfectly fine; the more it imitates a Formula one driver's behaviour the closer it will be to my own style of driving... Hence why making it configurable would be ideal but let's just get the features first.

Need advise from TMC users - CPO 2014 S85 delivered late July this year. Screen says update delivered/update notes show; notice of 2am delivery was given and accepted. BUT neither the Easy Entry or the Chill appear. Suggestions??

Hi, Chill mode has not been made available on 'pre AP' cars.
If your car is manufactured before 9th Oct 2014 you do not have the AP hardware and will not get the Chill mode at this release.
It is possible that tesla will release Chill to the classic cars at a later stage, but I would not hold my breath.

What SW version are you currently on?

I am not sure if easy enrty is avaliable to all models. Go to your drivers profiles setup, to check *use easy entry'* if you have it it will be there.