Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.2 3bd9f6d Is out, Easy Entry after belt unbuckle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something is coming - something is gonna drop. The Santa Easter egg makes no sense unless something is about to drop or get switched on. Santa brings presents. Elon has gone quiet on autopilot for a while now. He knows everyone is waiting. A Santa Easter egg would be the wrong move without something else. It would be stupid PR. This is a tease.
I bet on your guess!!

Reactions: calisnow
Something is coming - something is gonna drop. The Santa Easter egg makes no sense unless something is about to drop or get switched on. Santa brings presents. Elon has gone quiet on autopilot for a while now. He knows everyone is waiting. A Santa Easter egg would be the wrong move without something else. It would be stupid PR. This is a tease.
I bet on your guess!! Elon tweet
“When you get the new Tesla software update, go Ho Ho Ho. There’s an Easter egg inside the Easter egg, but it’s not funny.”

No reindeer pulling the sleigh. It's a self-driving sleigh. Easter egg inside an Easter egg says Elon - and it "isn't funny" he says. It's a hint I say. It's a big hint.

Sounds perfect - for early Q1. Rudolph could use better Nav, and that’s what Elon said is coming.

Just not this week.

For the sake of yer bet #2 with the @BigD0g, perhaps it will arrive before the stroke of midnight, 31 Jan (PT).

Until then, well, you’ll always have this.*

* The Tesla version of getting Rickrolled.

Reactions: daktari and BigD0g
Elon said it was ‘inside’ the Easter egg which makes little sense for a new separate feature improvement.

And as for the app notes, I’d forgotten the iOS one mentioned freezing temperatures. We’d had a cold night a week ago here and I’d had low regen even though it wasn’t actually freezing in the garage. So I was hoping for manual control of the battety preheat. Have to wait until it gets cold again next week perhaps!

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
That's really only for people who added their API token *and* have started the update on their cars.

I got the message a few hours ago, but only in the last hour went out to the car to start the update. It sure would be nice to be able to start the update from the mobile app.

Using the mobile app to update, until some over zealous spouse updates a car remotely when it is not convenient for the other spouse. Maybe at a mall shopping for last minute gifts, and the car is disabled for awhile.

• Funny
Reactions: Lodo1000
How so, I was not aware you could use the app, I don't see an option for it.
There isn’t, and I was trying to point out while it would be convenient, it might have unintended consequences. I quoted the previous post about wishing you could update from the app. I am the only one that uses my car at all, so, fine for me, but I see pitfalls in a two driver household.

Reactions: JenniferQ
Using the mobile app to update, until some over zealous spouse updates a car remotely when it is not convenient for the other spouse. Maybe at a mall shopping for last minute gifts, and the car is disabled for awhile.

I know, and that's what everyone brings up everytime this is mentioned. There are a lot of hazards in life, people just need to be aware. Even still, it would be a nice thing to opt-in to. Let me be take the blame if something bad happens, I don't need Tesla to be a FW update nanny.

AP2. Curves are way looser. It will deviate lane lines unlike 17.46 and most recent fw builds. Its way more dangerous (but really smooth!). I'm quite displeased with the sudden regression in safety. Straight sections of road are a pleasure but any sharp turns result in disengagement or riding lane lines (if no one is around). It basically will lazily take turns again so it will ride the outside of curves (at least for me).

I LOVE the X-mas Easter Egg. Its a riot. The reindeer are very small (and cute) and very thin as compared to the car icons they replaced. I love the snow! It was actually snowing when I tried it, so I think it was just a coincidence and you don't need real snow, but the road to turns to compacted snow when AS is activated and the snow to fall from the sky in the horizon of the IC.

Also the turn signal will have 3 jingle bell sounds mask the regular blinker noise but eventually that sound stops. It meshes great with the Yuletide slacker channel. I just need to make some mochas for the return trip home.