Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.2 3bd9f6d Is out, Easy Entry after belt unbuckle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ho ho ho mode....

rkqY_iaOoTZpHQYxkvugItvSlp7a8rAISxVgrLQE5Jc4ayx5qp3Wwnj2kPfA7PVjWzoilnQk_8D9571DfeG3XYpredx2fKKctJmX-RGn73h1_-41yjl-nbmJ549LXCIaVxRJuGcBxuhNAkWaVyhAFuXS5PDPliUFjoP_Yz6SM0Y3aBrPgyzyUeX33254DyW9nXnDY2U-2eWNq-bacmoHRmgKuPX4NSgaubSDyHqirWi6LvwwscBL264eqIndtAnoG624Pym1wpMsPvzl0ZKtCNwjFMoBDeVPuWX3Am942pA5rLdMB1Yx2VZXMGizZoRg86iqt1V29saKTBOX9IhfE_aSVdoGFkUw3JHC9bNIpL_pS2FmYuV7AoX5PdhUDIcW2kBhD3cbneN6IyjsYUBoGJke5b05BSSJR5nCA3szdlpx8ruJcKcjOhRetUQjFgGfd8oD8fsknq6pv5W83qmnV_XGCjj7dUGUHPZlK-U0Y1g3AdiU15HuzxN_jnZMn3yHbLAISxlz0b2sJz90vqB98ECdfW9DJXgMJdEab8bDHBK4LTlw_Tvo9VEnWhPxZxtHJZ7Arlphgs2iFRFXPi0cw9l3WsHcAkh5YvWNELEu=w1704-h958-no

including xmas music :)

I really don’t understand Tesla’s FW update rollouts.

I get wanting to seed a few owners to test new characteristics, but to then have owners being 3-4 issues behind seems silly.

I am on 46, so I really don’t have room to complain. But when folks on 42 (or older in some cases) can’t get updates on their own schedule (even with strong WiFi) seems ridiculous.

I’d much prefer the Apple system to check for new firmware and install it when you choose.

Perhaps it is possible that the team of computer scientists at Tesla working on one of the most difficult computer science problems in the world know more than we do about the logic behind having multiple versions in the wild at once. What we do know is that they could be looking at statistical behavioral differences through time as a result of changing one or more aspects of the software. Resorting to "I don't understand the black box, therefore RIDICULOUS!" seems premature.

Didn’t 17.50.1 also have that? Maybe the notes didn’t say it.... We definitely need a consolidated firmware thread/forum/something.

Have we ever seen new features in an x.x.x release? I thought it was only to fix something like 17.50.1 and 17.42.1. did.

No idea what is up here with 17.50.2. May be why .1 hasn’t gone full release?

Yes, I checked my Model S loaner with 17.50.1 and the release notes say that Easy Entry is activated when you connect/disconnect the seat belt.

Reactions: boaterva
A good question - I tried "Ho ho ho" to activate it (press and hold "T" at the top of the center display until it flashes briefly). No obvious change. I'm on 2017.50.1 however, not .2. I would have thought any eggs would have hatched in .50, not a minor update such as 50.2.

I got 50.2 today as well. I was on 44 for about 2 months. It failed, but my car and app show it's on 50.2 and the release notes display the change to improved easy entry.

Also there's a new Easter egg: HO HO HO mode.

Haven't tried that yet

Dammit! I got the update and now you're making me go back outside to see what the HO HO HO is all about! :)