Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.2 3bd9f6d Is out, Easy Entry after belt unbuckle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad the Android notes said something, the iOS ones said zilch besides ‘precondition needs 17.50’.

Do we even know that the battery precondition is manual or automatic or both? That is, do we have the option to enable it if the car doesn’t? I’d hoped for a way to prewarm the battery to full temperature before taking off if the car didn’t think it was ‘cold enough’.

Glad the Android notes said something, the iOS ones said zilch besides ‘precondition needs 17.50’.

Do we even know that the battery precondition is manual or automatic or both? That is, do we have the option to enable it if the car doesn’t? I’d hoped for a way to prewarm the battery to full temperature before taking off if the car didn’t think it was ‘cold enough’.
@boaterva , I have the same question. From the description in Play Store, it doesn't sound like it. Here's the quote under What's New:

"When temperatures are near freezing, preconditioning will also heat your battery for better driving and charging performance. We recommend you plug in to reduce range loss, and start pre-conditioning about an hour before you plan to leave since it can take some time to warm up the battery in colder weather. Note: Requires vehicle software version 2017.50 or above.

In addition, you can now swipe to switch between your vehicles and energy products."

Anyone went from .50 to .50.2?
Just went from 50.1 to 50.2
50 was very limited. Installation failures & disabled AP for most. 50.1 released very soon after to address issues with 50.
Looks like 50.2 is just a Christmas gift going wide fast.
DCF7F647-5EA2-4AF4-9612-F9B6BE49490E.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Something is coming - something is gonna drop. The Santa Easter egg makes no sense unless something is about to drop or get switched on. Santa brings presents. Elon has gone quiet on autopilot for a while now. He knows everyone is waiting. A Santa Easter egg would be the wrong move without something else. It would be stupid PR. This is a tease.

*chuckle* Did you bring enough for everybody? Do I hear a... wish sandwich?*. The only person waiting with $11,120 reasons would be... you!

We got Chill mode. We got Easy Entry - twice. We even got Santa and his sleigh, and so far, grandma did not get run over by a reindeer with AP2. And that’s all in the past month!

Put a fork in the year - it. is. done.

*Whaddaya want for nothing? Rubber biscuit?

*chuckle* Did you bring enough for everybody? Do I hear a... wish sandwich?*. The only person waiting with $11,120 reasons would be... you!

We got Chill mode. We got Easy Entry - twice. We even got Santa and his sleigh, and so far, grandma did not get run over by a reindeer with AP2. And that’s all in the past month!

Put a fork in the year - it. is. done.

*Whaddaya want for nothing? Rubber biscuit?

No reindeer pulling the sleigh. It's a self-driving sleigh. Easter egg inside an Easter egg says Elon - and it "isn't funny" he says. It's a hint I say. It's a big hint.

IMG_3221.PNG