Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50.2 3bd9f6d Is out, Easy Entry after belt unbuckle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know, and that's what everyone brings up everytime this is mentioned. There are a lot of hazards in life, people just need to be aware. Even still, it would be a nice thing to opt-in to. Let me be take the blame if something bad happens, I don't need Tesla to be a FW update nanny.

Even the all-mighty Apple has the “Appleseed” program which I have been a part of since it’s inception many many years ago....in Apple Time.... I am fully aware each time I load a beta FW that it may not act as described or even correctly BUT I make that choice. As is I am at the very blackened of the Tesla FW telease in both of my 2017 cars and usually have to make a service center visit for something frivolous just to get a FW that’s 2 months + newer than mine. So ridiculous to waste the Centers resources for a FW update.

Maybe I’ll get Santa in time for next Thanksgiving Tripp’s

This is the quickest rollout I’ve seen.
63A8D939-BB87-4659-89EA-1383915ECC53.jpeg

6 weeks after the last update I got and what they add is another easter egg and some simple logic about when easy entry triggers? They haven't added a single feature to AP2 in over 6 months, a 2014 car still does more than a car bought today, and EAP and FSD are still a pipe dream a solid year after they were supposed to exist and customers paid for them.

But yea! Tesla can put Santa on my screen! Aren't OTA updates amazing!?

Glances at phone. No update notice.

Sips coffee.

Starts app, just because.

Sips coffee. Great, no I gotta go pee and can’t watch phone!

Checks upgrade tracker. (BTW, thanks @HankLloydRight )

229 and climbing.

Checks traffic monitor on switch, more sent than received.

Bah humbug. :mad:

My AP2 has gotten significant improvements in the last months.

Your AP2 car might drive slightly better, but it has no additional features. Tesla didn't advertise "drives better every few weeks" they advertised things like "changes lanes with no user input," "parks itself with nobody in it," and "has rain sensing wipers."

It's been 200 days since Tesla added a feature to AP2 (perpendicular park / full speed AEB)

Sips coffee.

Starts app, just because.

Sips coffee. Great, no I gotta go pee and can’t watch phone!

Checks upgrade tracker. (BTW, thanks @HankLloydRight )

229 and climbing.

Checks traffic monitor on switch, more sent than received.

Bah humbug. :mad:
I'm literally doing the same

This update is being pushed out faster than probably any that I've seen to date. If you don't have it yet, you'll surely be getting it soon.

I just want to know where the Festivus easter egg is?

No Festivus Pole? No airing of grievances? No feats of strength? Is this a war on Festivus?

Meatloaf on a bed of lettuce! It’s in Santa’s sleigh, I’m sure of it.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
The regressed behavior blows, clearly.

The turn signal jingle bells might be the nested egg, perhaps?

Maybe a reindeer will get picked up from the IC snow road and flown off by a Jurassic pterodactyl.

Hey, who said easter eggs couldn’t be fun.

Speaking of which, I hafta try the 4 pulls to see if the cowbell still works.

AP2. Curves are way looser. It will deviate lane lines unlike 17.46 and most recent fw builds. Its way more dangerous (but really smooth!). I'm quite displeased with the sudden regression in safety. Straight sections of road are a pleasure but any sharp turns result in disengagement or riding lane lines (if no one is around). It basically will lazily take turns again so it will ride the outside of curves (at least for me).

I LOVE the X-mas Easter Egg. Its a riot. The reindeer are very small (and cute) and very thin as compared to the car icons they replaced. I love the snow! It was actually snowing when I tried it, so I think it was just a coincidence and you don't need real snow, but the road to turns to compacted snow when AS is activated and the snow to fall from the sky in the horizon of the IC.

Also the turn signal will have 3 jingle bell sounds mask the regular blinker noise but eventually that sound stops. It meshes great with the Yuletide slacker channel. I just need to make some mochas for the return trip home.