Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.50 2275226

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated to 2017.50; haven't driven it yet. Only declared change is updating Easy Entry mode to use seatbelt release to trigger (vs. putting it in Park). No mention of bug fixes, as usual/expected. Hoping it helps streaming music, but I've learned to not expect that fix...

Just updated to 2017.50; haven't driven it yet. Only declared change is updating Easy Entry mode to use seatbelt release to trigger (vs. putting it in Park). No mention of bug fixes, as usual/expected. Hoping it helps streaming music, but I've learned to not expect that fix...

This new way is much better, sometimes i need to line up for car wash and i usually use Park Gear, then shift to easy entry mode is annoying.
Unbulk the seat belt is much better to trigger

How about this one. I was on 46. I bring car to SC to fix presenting door issue. Yesterday while it's at SC my mobile phone gets an update that 48 is ready. I was psyched to be on 48 as a fringe benefit of car being at SC. But they need to keep car until today. So I just woke up to another alert that an update in available, and this must be 50 lol. So keeping car overnight actually was better. (SC only 15 min from my house so no inconvenience)

Last edited:
Did something change? I got the message on my phone last night that a new software is available. Walk to the X in the morning and there is no notification or update icon. Did Tesla just cancel this update?

Attachments

• IMG_0916.jpeg
    IMG_0916.jpeg
    121.4 KB · Views: 118
Yes. .50 has a bug in it that fails to load correctly after install. A new release should be out shortly to fix it, according to the service center. Meanwhile I have a non-functioning .50 on my car and no EAP. Suggest no one installs this release.
This will be interesting. I got the update notification on my phone last night. Went to bed and got the update started and completed notifications when I woke up. I head to the car and I see an Update failure message on the screen, but both car and phone show the car is at .50. Haven't driven it yet, so I dont know if EAP is broken. Will have to test that out now

I just got off the phone with Tesla Support - they confirmed many calls today on failed 2017.50 updates. I was not negatively impacted by the failure though. In my case, even though it displayed a post-update failure, the car is showing 2017.50 and all appears fine today. For me, they said not to worry - no car impacting affects. They said it is a known problem and they have notified the team that will need to make the fix. That team apparently doesn't work over the weekends normally so don't expect anything until early next week it sounds like.

For those hoping 2017.50 fixed the streaming music issues... no such luck. Support confirmed it's still an issue they are working to fix. From what they said, it's "a provider issue - the provider changed something that's breaking Tesla's use of the service".

Reactions: wesley888
MX P100D, December 2017 pickup w/ AP2. I updated to 2017.50 this morning. Update failed, but app and car say 2017.50 (updated from .42).

Autopilot, auto headlights, cruise control, and Bluetooth phone no longer work... Oddly, Bluetooth audio still works. Also strangely, I got chill mode, but no easy entry.

Slacker streaming seems better for me. In the 20 miles I have driven it today, songs load much more quickly and I haven't had any of the loading errors I had before. Also, it looks like it is loading the whole song instead of just a few seconds ahead like it was yesterday.

Of course I drive out of town tomorrow for work and won't be back until Wednesday. No worry until then. Looks like I'll be back to when I bought it a year ago, but at least then I had stupid cruise control!