Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 75D - Air suspension sag - driver's side only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both struts on the driver's side sag... air leak down
I am a pretty decent mechanic, but looking at the Tesla parts catalog for the air suspension...I don't see how this is possible.

The F and Rear lines are not joined anywhere - each individual line runs to the air distro block. What is going on?
- I sprayed the distro block down with soapy water. No leaks.
- Sprayed down both front strut air line connectors... no leaks.
- storage tank is full

This leaves me with taking the wheels off tomorrow and spraying down the driver's rear (connectors and bellows) and the front bellows... got to find the leak.

About 2 weeks ago the drivers side started to sag overnight, and the compressor would run occasionally. Two days ago, the "air suspension compressor? disabled" message came on.

Well, Tesla service is a joke.
They diagnosed a "bad suspension pump and solenoid valve".
Replaced for $750.
Called and said...that's not the only problem. It also needs a rear strut. $1,500 more please.
I told them put it back together, I'm coming to get it...and I want the "bad pump and solenoid"
They couldn't find the parts when I picked it up.
I got it home and removed both the driver's side struts and leak tested.
Both leak on the top ring where the c-clip retainer is.

I ordered to Arnott 1 F and 1 Rear from RockAuto.
on the AWD they are the same side to side, so I can rebuild the OEM struts and keep them on the shelf as spares for the other side...or if the Arnotts don't work out.

• Informative
Reactions: geordi
Thanks for updating the thread.

Seems like Recently a lot of us are experiencing air suspension issues.

By any chance do you know where is the valve location to manually fill the air tank?

There's lots of guidance online for model s, but i couldn't locate the model x fill valve yet.

Thanks for updating the thread.

Seems like Recently a lot of us are experiencing air suspension issues.

By any chance do you know where is the valve location to manually fill the air tank?

There's lots of guidance online for model s, but i couldn't locate the model x fill valve yet.
A lot of us are having air suspension problems and Tesla doesn’t give a S***

you bring it up to service center and they just blow you off.

you have to retrofit it

also many used air springs/shocks on eBay for ~$400
I put used one in myself, works just fine

Reactions: tsxl
you have to retrofit it

also many used air springs/shocks on eBay for ~$400
I put used one in myself, works just fine
Just did the retrofit today
thanks

now trying to fill the tank

Reactions: brainhouston
I had my car taken to tesla, the culprit is the valve block. i think its a common repair when the car hits the 5-6 year mark. the price is about $250 cdn plus labor so not too bad
I’m gonna try requesting Tesla Service to fix only the valve block and see what they say. My car has had suspension issue since December 2022. I now see several Model s Owners have the same problem whether 2014 or 2022. What does that tell you?