Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Aston Martin Rapide S reminded me why I love my P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a chance to drive a buddy's 2017 Aston Martin Rapide S on July 4th and boy was it pretty to look at with its 4 doors.
It claimed to be pretty fast with its V-12 5935 cm3 / 361.4 cui, 411.5 kW / 560 PS / 552 hp (ECE) with a 0-60 time of 4.0 seconds so I took it out and turned it on and loved the purr of the V12 engine. The engone really did purr and sound awesome.

I then took it and stomped on the accelerator, and boy was I disappointed. I even tried again with the manual flapper things. I guess it is fast for an ICE car, but damn the difference between it and my 2015 P85D was unbelievable. You should have seen my buddy's face when I told him how disappointed I was in its performance.

Sad but true. I guess we are spoiled with our Teslas.I know I am.

I had a chance to drive a buddy's 2017 Aston Martin Rapide S on July 4th and boy was it pretty to look at with its 4 doors.
It claimed to be pretty fast with its V-12 5935 cm3 / 361.4 cui, 411.5 kW / 560 PS / 552 hp (ECE) with a 0-60 time of 4.0 seconds so I took it out and turned it on and loved the purr of the V12 engine. The engone really did purr and sound awesome.

I then took it and stomped on the accelerator, and boy was I disappointed. I even tried again with the manual flapper things. I guess it is fast for an ICE car, but damn the difference between it and my 2015 P85D was unbelievable. You should have seen my buddy's face when I told him how disappointed I was in its performance.

Sad but true. I guess we are spoiled with our Teslas.I know I am.

I feel a bit bad to hear this because you know that car is his baby. No one wants to hear their baby put down...

A friend of mine recently bought an Audi and he was so excited to show it to me. I was very careful with my comments, never to suggest it was disappointing or not good in any way. I commented on how comfortable the interior was and how the ambient lighting was perfect, and how great it was that he had Waze running on the main display! etc., His car even had a functioning USB media player!

I then had him in my car and he was completely blown away with the touchscreen and how clean and functional everything was. Then I took him for a drive and whatever notions he had about performance and acceleration a car was capable of were Aston Martin VANQUISHED :) All I'm saying is that Tesla cars speak for themselves. If a friend wants to show you their car, be polite and respectful. THEN have them sit in the Tesla and experience what it can do. You really don't need to say much... Just enjoy the involuntary expletives they cry out when you do a launch!

I hope you let your friend with the Aston Martin do a launch in your P85D.