Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Chrysler Pacifica (Minivan) PHEV 30 mile AER

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All 75 units shown on Cars dot com within 200 miles of San Francisco are Platinum trim, priced $46-48k. They clearly need to adjust their production mix. People will only swallow a certain number of units that are optioned above what they want.

$7500 Federal Tax Credit.
$1500 California Rebate to those making $150k or less/ joint filers making $300k or less.

If these vans are on the lots over 45 days then they clearly need to adjust their product mix. If they average less than 20 days on the lot FCA would be foolish to make any adjustments.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and Ormond
Cleantechnica reporting that the Chrysler has some serious problems...

All Chrysler Pacifica Hybrids Recalled & Sales Paused For Months

From the article:

Pacifica_zpswtqygcef.jpg

Someone was wondering in the other thread (I presume asking a rhetorical question) whether GM would be able to overcome their image as a traditional automaker and make the jump to tech startup WRT electric cars like Tesla, Google, etc...

Looks like we won't need to be wondering too much about Chrysler.

RT

It boggles the mind that whatever the fix is has to be done at the factory instead of a dealer. How can it be worth the cost of shipping the cars back to the factory while paying for the customer's loaner as compared to creating the documentation and preparing the parts and materials for the dealers to do the same procedure that they will be doing at the factory?

Clearly, they never should have let the cars leave the factory from the initial hold that ended in April. What an embarrassment.

I was impressed by the engineer that appeared on Autoline, but clearly somebody f-ed up the production rollout.

• Informative
Reactions: Drucifer
My parents had a 93 Dodge Caravan. The thing was a piece. Constantly needed to go in for repairs. At that point, I vowed never to buy a Chrysler/Dodge vehicle.

The wife and I have been thinking about mini vans lately, and she has been impressed with my Nissan Leaf, and we had wished someone other than Tesla had created an electric family hauler. We were about to pull the trigger on either a Toyota Sienna, or Honda Odyssey (naturally) when news of the Pacifica Hybrid showed up.

Of course my mind instantly flashed back to the Caravan, but I thought maybe... just maybe Chrysler had shaped up after their bankruptcy filing, and Fiat had whipped them into shape quality wise. Guess I was wrong.... sigh. Makes me think to just ditch the Pacifica Hybrid all together, and hope a Model X depreciates enough to be in our price range eventually. Highly doubtful though.

t boggles the mind that whatever the fix is has to be done at the factory instead of a dealer.
That was a rumor based on the in-transit vehicles being sent back to the factory. The recall will be done at the dealers. I still keep an eye on that forum occasionally even though I gave up on waiting for my ordered PacHy. I am not exactly regretting that decision, but I do see a lot of happy owners saying they now understand why EV and PHEV owners love the driving experience so much. The transition to electric keeps moving forward. The official recall notice is:

Safety Defect/Non Compliance Description and Safety Risk

INVERTER MODULE DIODE FAILURE WILL CAUSE THE VEHICLE TO QUIT OPERATING RESULTING IN A LOSS OF MOTIVE POWER. A LOSS OF MOTIVE POWER COULD CAUSE A CRASH WITHOUT WARNING.

Repair Description

REPLACE POWER INVERTER MODULE.

Recall Status

INCOMPLETE BUT REPAIR PARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE
June 09, 2017

Cleantechnica reporting that the Chrysler has some serious problems...

All Chrysler Pacifica Hybrids Recalled & Sales Paused For Months

From the article:

Pacifica_zpswtqygcef.jpg

Clean Technica lied and mislead the readers. It was intentional, and not caused by Russians holding a gun to their heads.

They show a car on fire in the article that is not a plug-in, not a Chrysler, not production car, and running for a record on a closed course road track at very high speeds.

EV bloggers who falsely represent themselves as journalists are the #1 enemy in the war to gain public EV acceptance.

They act like politicians who's job it is to exaggerate and mislead, but never inform.

Now even more people will think that EVs burst into flames at random.

That was a rumor based on the in-transit vehicles being sent back to the factory. The recall will be done at the dealers. I still keep an eye on that forum occasionally even though I gave up on waiting for my ordered PacHy. I am not exactly regretting that decision, but I do see a lot of happy owners saying they now understand why EV and PHEV owners love the driving experience so much. The transition to electric keeps moving forward.
Ok, I understand what happened now. I thought that when they referred to "my car" it was a car that had already been delivered and had failed, been taken to the dealer for repair, but had been shipped to the factory to execute that repair. If the vehicle was in transit to the dealer prior to delivery, but redirected back to the factory, then that makes a whole lot more sense.