Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Chrysler Pacifica (Minivan) PHEV 30 mile AER

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the Autoline episode they were asking why it took so long and what the future is. Clearly FCA needed something to boost their CAFE numbers and ZEV (TZEV portion) credits, so they appear to have spent many years making sure this was a viable product. By all accounts they did that. Given the tax credit and other incentives, I don't see much reason for anybody in California who can afford to buy a new minivan to buy the conventional version of this car. Even if you never plug it in, the increase in efficiency is huge. The one woman, Jean, kept saying over and over how great the performance was. For the areas of the country that get snow, the only improvement they need is to put a GKN rear axle motor on there for AWD.

At the next refresh, maybe 2020, they should just make this the standard drivetrain and eliminate the pure ICE versions.

Chrysler showed the Chrysler Portal EV at CES today. It's a 100% electric minivan with a 100kWh battery and 350kW charging capability. Very cool.

Chrysler Portal Concept introduces millennials to their automotive future at CES

Chrysler-Portal-Concept-01.jpg Chrysler-Portal-Concept-36.jpg

Attachments

• Chrysler-Portal-Concept-36.jpg
    Chrysler-Portal-Concept-36.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Chrysler-Portal-Concept-01.jpg
    Chrysler-Portal-Concept-01.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Ordered a Pacifica Hybrid (Platinum) yesterday when I was informed that they were open to taking orders. The dealership has no idea about financing...and I've done a back and forth trying to explain how the tax credit is typically applied when leasing. Still haven't gotten definitive calculations...but when I used their leasing calculator I came out to $404/month with the tax credit and trade-in accounted for.

Been given an estimate of 8 weeks for delivery.

Just ordered a Pacifica hybrid myself. Only option is the tri-pane sunroof so why not. With the tax credit and a $2600 lifetime $100 deductible warranty it should be less stressful than my Model X might become. Now I need to see about a Level 2 EVSE to go along with my Tesla wall charger.

Just curious, why not cancel the Wall Charger install, and get the most powerful Level 2 EVSE you can find? Therefore it'd work for both cars.

Just curious, why not cancel the Wall Charger install, and get the most powerful Level 2 EVSE you can find? Therefore it'd work for both cars.
That would probably be ideal, but I already have 2 Tesla chargers installed. I was being proactive for the wife's Model 3. Shared 100A circuit and electrician costs and 50% state refund all made sense a few months ago before I even knew I might get a plug in van. 1st world problems for sure, so not complaining.

> The Bolt EV drivetrain (motor, fixed gear reduction, differential gears) was designed by GM but is manufactured by LG. I'm pretty sure GM manufactures their own complete drivetrain for the Spark EV so they know how to do it if they wanted to.

LG or "GM Korea" (don't say Daewoo, ok)? With all the scandals going on in S. Korea who really knows? Maybe the Trumpsters will begin 'US Content' labeling on vehicles and dealer window stickers.
--

The other day saw a manufacturer model waiting in front of me at a left turn light (Mich mfg tags, etc...). Once the light changed it moved pretty damn quick, seemingly without much effort. Pretty nice looking (although it was filthy as hell, probably test driving it like crazy...).

> The Bolt EV drivetrain (motor, fixed gear reduction, differential gears) was designed by GM but is manufactured by LG. I'm pretty sure GM manufactures their own complete drivetrain for the Spark EV so they know how to do it if they wanted to.

LG or "GM Korea" (don't say Daewoo, ok)? With all the scandals going on in S. Korea who really knows? Maybe the Trumpsters will begin 'US Content' labeling on vehicles and dealer window stickers.
--
I am fairly certain Window Stickers already tell you where the majority of the parts are made in the vehicle. At least they did in 2012 when I got my VW...