Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 FCW door repaired now clunks (~800 miles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ce12

Jun 9, 2017
USA
Well we really enjoy driving our new Model X, but have some FCW issues.

One day drivers FCW had a loud pop, then the FCW stopped working. SC replaced the springs (looks like a very involved job).

SC did a great job sourcing the parts in a reasonable time, and fixing it, but now there is a very audible "clunk" when the door 1st opens (at about 30% through its total range of travel), you can feel a mechanical bind/clunk in in between the two hinges attached to the roof of the vehicle.

Passenger FCW has been smooth as butter since day 1.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Lol yep FWD is what I am referring to. I had the snapping and that was repaired on day 2, but something happened to the internal mechanism and the FWD stoppped working properly. That resulted in a bigger multi day job to replace the helper springs for the door. Door works now, But a very audible mechanical "clunk" from the repaired door when it's opening.

Lol yep FWD is what I am referring to. I had the snapping and that was repaired on day 2, but something happened to the internal mechanism and the FWD stoppped working properly. That resulted in a bigger multi day job to replace the helper springs for the door. Door works now, But a very audible mechanical "clunk" from the repaired door when it's opening.
Sounds like "back to the service center":(

So, it's interesting because mine has always done that on both sides when opening. The new thing is when closing, there's another loud clicking sound like there's another latch. Also strong enough to shake the car.

Do we have a video of a FWD from start to finish that's deemed as normal?