Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 FRT Renewal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged.HK recently sent a summary message out to all our members on this. I'll paste it here, as it describes the options quite well.

Salute to all who put their effort into this. (Didn't quote the whole message as it's rather lengthy)

That listed all our opinions and why they won't work, unfortunately.

Anyone propose to Carrie Lam on EV incentive to continue after 2018???

I don't think you have to, Carrie Lam just won't listen to anyone who has too little influence. But if we have enough influence, we won't need her help to start with

I did send a message to John Tsang, but he won't be the next CE.

"Raising the registration tax on electric vehicles should be one step, chairman Evan Auyang said. The next one should be an increase in the levy on conventional cars to maintain a price gap with alternatives."

An equivalent to this in the real world would be: "Raise incoming tax for anybody aged under 25, by 50%. But that is the first step only. We'll raise it for everybody else at some unspecified time in the future.".

An equivalent to this in the real world would be: "Raise incoming tax for anybody aged under 25, by 50%. But that is the first step only. We'll raise it for everybody else at some unspecified time in the future.".

or just as relevant would be Phase 2 -3 of the now defunct Republican healthcare bill.
And (no surprise) it only failed because enough people spoke out.