Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
As I wrote elsewhere, for 2017 we are going to be splitting off STRICTLY & EXCLUSIVELY market-themed discussion to the "Market Action" thread. All general discussions regarding Tesla that presumably are of interest to the investment community are to be confined to this, the 2017 Investor Roundtable: General Discussion thread.

These two threads will open for posts whenever I get up :) on 1 January. Or maybe just after we ring in the New Year. Until then, please continue to post on the 2016 Short-Term thread.

This post is reserved for future elaborations.

As in this addition from 14 May:

MODERATOR FINAL WARNING:

* The next poster who uses the term "Ignore" wrt a certain feature available on this forum, OR in any way refers directly or indirectly to same; or

* Otherwise makes any kind of reference, direct or indirect, to the quantity or the value or lack thereof of another poster's content; or

* Egregiously upends the comity of this forum

will find himself or herself barred from contributing to the Investors' sector of TMC.

===>ZERO tolerance<====

Last edited:
Happy New Year!

I'm really amused by all the bickering about the delivery numbers in the short-term thread last year. Based on what I have seen I believe this will be a good quarter. So here is to a great 2017 everyone! Cheers!

Happy New Year, everyone. I hope this will be a great year for Tesla and for world peace. The former has much better odds than the latter, I know, but we still can hope for both, can't we?

Here's to Model 3 deliveries in volume in the last half of the year, including my first one. My second one will come to Brazil so I'll not expect it until 2018 or so.
It also will be a good year for me as I finally complete complete solar power for my house in Rio de Janeiro. That's my New Year's Resolution, anyway.

Happy New Year! Had my 43d anniversary on the 30th, oh and on the 28th we Test drove a MX. We were told that custom MX orders are 8 to 12 weeks out. Yesterday I looked at new inventory available online and found only about three vehicles and not many used ones either. Originally I wanted to buy an X and my wife had agreed within days of the election, but sadly we will have to wait. My new target for the X is between Jun and Aug, maybe the 23d of August the day my wife and I met/her birthday. FYI ~ our first car together cost $3,000.
In 2013 I sold my Shell Oil stock and rejoined Tesla; we also put solar cells on our roof.
Please note that it takes years change directions some times. Through my wife's direction organics are common place despite my brother-in-laws anti-stance as a wealthy farmer in Sacramento. At the same time direction can be changed on a dime. I met my wife on her birthday, asked her to merry me within a week; she moved up the marriage date from ten months to to just four. FYI ~ our son was born over two years later so I could finish my first degree.
I expect a good 4Q delivered report. I expect speed bumps, but I follow my true self and the light not the darkness.
Oh, and I heard a rumor that B4 the end of this year if I wait too long even the S & X models will be excessively long lines, not due to slow production, but demand.
Bull vs Bear market ~ well each stock is different and will react differently within any given year ~ fact, not fiction. I also do not believe totally in the technicals. If you want an engineers perspective follow my wife. If you want vision follow me; my soldiers did and I was not always an officer. I have always succeeded against the odds and have no desire to stop now. I am keeping our III reservation too.
While the world view is getting darker, I am keeping my LED lights on with the hopes of blinding the darkness.

• Informative
Reactions: KLC13
It is good to see that AP 2.0 is being pushed out but according to Fred L. it may not even be up to AP 1.0 capabilities. That will come in 'early 2017'. I do hope this is 'very early 2017'. the SP will be negatively impacted if this is similar in roll out to the X roll out where a deadline (Q3 2015) was met with a few deliveries to be followed by a long lag before we saw any volume.

Tesla starts pushing new Autopilot 2.0 update: Autosteer at ‘low speed’, Traffic Aware Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning

It is good to see that AP 2.0 is being pushed out but according to Fred L. it may not even be up to AP 1.0 capabilities. That will come in 'early 2017'. I do hope this is 'very early 2017'. the SP will be negatively impacted if this is similar in roll out to the X roll out where a deadline (Q3 2015) was met with a few deliveries to be followed by a long lag before we saw any volume.

Tesla starts pushing new Autopilot 2.0 update: Autosteer at ‘low speed’, Traffic Aware Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning
This being mostly software and more or less only dependant on Tesla itself I would be surprised if the full roll-out of these limited functions didn't happen within a couple of weeks. But we never know with Tesla as you say.

Cobos

Status
Not open for further replies.