Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off-topic, but likely impossible unless you can make Mars' core liquid and more magnetic.
Mars’ magnetic field - DTU Space

Off topic, but this is a widely over reported problem in terraforming Mars. There are a million bigger problems than losing atmosphere due to weak magnetisphere. Basically, if you have any hope to terraform you basically need to import an atmosphere in the first place, just warming up the C02 ice isn't enough. So if you can import a jillion tons from Venus, then you have to just add a regular annual shipment thereafter that would be miniscule in comparison to "top off" due to losses. Mars lost it's atmosphere over billions of years. It wouldn't be a crisis for a human colony. (btw, colonies would be in domes or lava tubes IMO)

Reactions: DurandalAI
Off topic, but this is a widely over reported problem in terraforming Mars. There are a million bigger problems than losing atmosphere due to weak magnetisphere. Basically, if you have any hope to terraform you basically need to import an atmosphere in the first place, just warming up the C02 ice isn't enough. So if you can import a jillion tons from Venus, then you have to just add a regular annual shipment thereafter that would be miniscule in comparison to "top off" due to losses. Mars lost it's atmosphere over billions of years. It wouldn't be a crisis for a human colony. (btw, colonies would be in domes or lava tubes IMO)
Hence why I think the Boring Co. actually exists.

Interested in learning people's "I would start thinking about selling" and "I would definitely sell" price levels for 2H17.

Assume 25k and 50k Model 3 deliveries in 3Q17 and 4Q17, respectively, and 500k total vehicle deliveries in 2018.

Easy for me - I'm a very long term buy and holder, so to get me to sell in 2017 would require an extraordinary run in the stock price. I'm pretty sure that for $2900 apiece, anybody can have my shares - today or later this year. Any takers?

$2900 would be the 100x level for my initial investment, but mostly, it would be a price level that would mean I'm set for my comfortable idea of "set" for life. And if we tagged $2900 this year, then I'd even think about a short term trade to ride it part way back down (but probably wouldn't do it).

Realistically - I expect there isn't a price I would sell at for at least 5 years.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
its standing and about 10ft off, picky picky picky
More than that, as it came down it looked as if the thrust force was stirring up the water to the left of the drone ship, then the camera went dark, and when it came back the rocket was to the far right of the landing area. I'm thinking some last second tweaking barely saved it.

Reactions: winfield100
More than that, as it came down it looked as if the thrust force was stirring up the water to the left of the drone ship, then the camera went dark, and when it came back the rocket was to the far right of the landing area. I'm thinking some last second tweaking barely saved it.

That was my thinking as well. Saw the water blast and thought it might have hit the side of the ship on landing. Glad they landed it...sandbaggers :p

• Love
Reactions: winfield100
Elon just tweeted, "Rocket is extra toasty and hit the deck hard (used almost all of the emergency crush core), but otherwise good."

Amazing. That was that rockets second re-launch so its now landed 3 times and can be launched again. I have to admin I am getting nervous every time they say its hitting that point where the pressure on the rocket is at its maximum about a minute into the launch. Not that I know anything about rockets to be nervous.

• Informative
Reactions: FredTMC
Amazing. That was that rockets second re-launch so its now landed 3 times and can be launched again. I have to admin I am getting nervous every time they say its hitting that point where the pressure on the rocket is at its maximum about a minute into the launch. Not that I know anything about rockets to be nervous.

Actually, this rocket has only been reused once. It's first launch was Iridium-1 back in January. However, it's the first rocket to land on both coasts (not re-used on both coasts).

Regardless, yes, amazing a re-used rocket successfully survived a very stressful landing.

It was a little unnerving every time the video cut out...or maybe that was just because of the audience gasping each time :rolleyes:

It was a little unnerving every time the video cut out...or maybe that was just because of the audience gasping each time :rolleyes:

I can assure you, it will take at least 100 more landings before it gets old for me. By then they will be landing much bigger rockets and launching them in a few hours, so I will have to watch 100 of those before they get old.

Tesla's warranty issue: PLEASE HELP

Before I describe my ordeal at Tesla Service Center, which has opted to no longer honor my extended warranty, I wanted to know if any TMC members here would know which Tesla corporate official I should contact to help resolve this matter (please PM me). The service personnel at Tesla Pullman in Costa Mesa, CA who goes by the name of "Joe" is not very helpful and is threatening to deal with. The not-so "TESLA EXPERIENCE" today makes me wonder if this has to do with the coming M3 launch, now that Tesla's fortune is starting to change, are they going to turn their backs on MS owners?

As many of you know I am a huge Tesla supporter since 2013 but this is unacceptable. I purchased a used MS through a private party, who gave me their word that the extended warranty would be transferable to the new owner (me). The owner even went as far as emailing Tesla to ask about the warranty transfer procedure (here is Tesla response):

This is Deen from Tesla. If you could send the information below to the new owner, we will update the vehicle in our system:

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors and congratulations on your new purchase. In order to process the transfer of ownership for your vehicle and provide you with mobile app access we will need the following. * Color copy or photo of your current driver’s license or state ID. * Copy or picture of your title or registration * Email address you would like linked to your account (My Tesla email if account is already created) * Home or mailing address * Phone number Please send this info to [[email protected]%20][email protected] and we will begin the transfer process, this process can take up to 2-3 business days and once completed you will be notified by email. If you have any questions regarding this process feel free to give our Technical Support team a call 24/7 at 1-877-79-TESLA (83752). Sincerely, Your Name/Signature

Best.

Having followed Tesla since 2013, I know better than to buy a MS without an extended warranty. So after buying the vehicle in August 2016, I brought my paperwork into Tesla (Pullman) and talked to the clerk at the front desk. I asked him what type of paper work I needed to get the warranty transferred and how long the process would take. His response was that it will take several weeks and I can complete this paperwork "anytime." After showing him the above email, the Tesla clerk also assured me that the extended warranty would be transferrable "no problem" and that I can take my time. The transfer paperwork was completed on 9/29/2016. Tesla informed this to me via email:

Welcome to Tesla

Model S #Pxxxxxxx has been transferred to your Tesla account. You can manage your profile online or using the Tesla app. If you have forgotten your Tesla password, you can reset it here.

Two months after buying the MS, I brought the vehicle in for some repairs. The service team checked my extended warranty and I was good go. I had several repairs done to the vehicle and Tesla did not charge me.

Your Tesla service invoice is attached. If you have any questions, please contact the Tesla Service Costa Mesa service center.

Tesla Service Costa Mesa
3020 Pullman Street
Costa Mesa,CA 92626
714-641-3949
[email protected]

The above email was sent to me on 10/25/16. Several months later, I needed more repairs on the MS so I brought the vehicle in again, Tesla honored the warranty and did not charge me.

Hi XXXX,

Your Model S service appointment is confirmed for April 26, 2017, 05:00 PM at the Costa Mesa Service service center.

Today, I brought the MS in to complain about a "squealing noise" coming from the motor, the service rep drove with me and heard the noise every single time I accelerated. He went to talk to his supervisor and they both came told me "this was normal." Although I knew this isn't a normal issue because my friends also have MS's that did not have squealing issues, I did not argue. I simply said "so Tesla decided to no longer warranty this part? Bummer, Ok..."

As I started to check out a loaner, their service team member told me my warranty has been "voided" as of September 3rd 2016". I told them this is impossible because I brought the car in twice and Tesla has honored my extended warranty the past 10 months why would it suddenly change now? The service tech. brought over his manager and then someone higher up known as "Joe." Joe asked me to show him "paperwork" that proves my car is under extended warranty. So I pulled out my email from Tesla and showed him, this email was confirmed Sept. 29. However, Joe stated that his system shows the warranty was cancelled on September 3rd. I immediately told Joe how can this be when Tesla has been honoring my extended warranty for the past 10 months? Joe told me I got lucky and that Tesla should have charged me. A little bit of frustration going back and forth pursued and Joe told me "would you like for TESLA to retroactively charge you for all past repairs?" This was quite threatening, he also suggested that this was not Tesla's fault and brought up the word "lawyer", "what would a Tesla lawyer think about this?" he asked me.... I was shocked and could not believe the tone and manner in which Joe/Tesla has changed from serving customers to throwing them under the bus. He also tried to blame this on the previous owner, Joe stated that the previous owner pulled a fast one on me and cancelled the warranty before I dealt with Tesla. Again, I reemphasized that this wasn't my fault, and that Tesla told me I was good to go with the new warranty, which was also honored the past two times I brought in the vehicle. I told Joe I will be brining this up to corporate, his response was "I AM CORPORATE!\." Unbelievable, the ego here.... I told Joe that I will speak with someone higher than you capable of resolving this.

I then proceeded to call the old MS owner, he told me there were two things he bought in 2013 the Pre-Paid Service Plan and the Extended Warranty, and that he only cancelled the "Pre-paid Service Plan" and he never cancelled the "Extended Warranty." The Tesla service Tech heard our phone conversation and asked that the old owner forward me the email. So here is his email asking Tesla to cancel the "Service Plan":

Sent: Friday, August 26, 2016 12:35 PM
To: honolulu_service <[email protected]>
Subject: Cancel service plan

Hi,
I would like to cancel the service plan for the following vin: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have sold the vehicle and will not be transferring the service plan to the new owner.

Thanks

Tesla responded:

Subject: RE: Cancel service plan
Date:
August 29, 2016 at 3:17:47 PM PDT

Just letting you know your email was received and has been forwarded to the appropriate team for processing. It may take several weeks, so thank you for your patience.

If anything else is needed, we will get in touch with you.

Hope you've had a great weekend, and wishing you a nice week ahead!

Aloha,

I then attempted to reach out to Joe but he was on a "conference call" and that I should email him. I was so upset at the lack of proper customer communication and threatening manner coming from Joe that I had decided to ask for help here from TMC members, does anyone here know a Tesla corporate official that can straighten this out for me?

Thanks.

I cannot fathom this issue not being remedied once you talk to a half decent human being. I wish I could direct you to somebody. This Joe guy certainly doesn't fit in and I could see him having a very short career at Tesla. This isn't the kind of service a shareholder or future owner like to see. Hope you get properly taken care of soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.