TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by AudubonB, Dec 30, 2016.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

As I wrote elsewhere, for 2017 we are going to be splitting off STRICTLY & EXCLUSIVELY market-themed discussion to one thread - this one. All general discussions regarding Tesla that presumably are of interest to the investment community are to be confined to the 2017 Investor Roundtable: General Discussion thread.

These two threads will open for posts whenever I get up :) on 1 January. Or maybe just after we ring in the New Year. Until then, please continue to post on the 2016 Short-Term thread.

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

This post reserved for future elaboration.

3. doctoxics

doctoxics Member

Of course, Tuesdays price action will be driven by the delivery numbers. Buckle up your seat belts.

4. erthquake

erthquake Member

Will they be announced before or after market close?

• Like x 1
  5. 1kEE

1kEE Member

Would PapaFox's very nice Daily Trading thread be merged with this one?

• Like x 1
  6. erthquake

erthquake Member

And then we've got the Gigafactory event the following day. Buckle up, indeed!

• Love x 1
  7. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

I don't know but hopefully after open, I have a dry powder delivery scheduled that hasn't arrived yet. :(

8. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

#8 JRP3, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2017
    For clarification from the Mod, my understanding is that the above post should be in the other thread, correct? Which is where it and a number of other posts now are.
    Boyz 'n grilz....it's not that hard! I know you can do it. I'm not planning on being a martinet about this, but - for example - a thread about market action should NOT be very busy in the middle of a three-day market holiday.

• Helpful x 1
  9. MitchJi

MitchJi Active Member

I don't believe that this will have a significant impact on the SP. If (imo when ) Tesla meets guidance and reports good financial numbers on their ER I believe that the SP will continue it's recent rise.

10. MitchJi

MitchJi Active Member

Maybe you can buy during the premarket?

11. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

Not buying short term options at this point. Too many unknowns, including January market macros, delivery numbers, actual status of the factories, and most importantly - how the market will react to the news, which can be hard to predict. I did SELL a put Friday, because if the stock goes down, I don't mind buying more, and I made money either way.

12. 1kEE

1kEE Member

#12 1kEE, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Be careful buying during premarket when there is positive news. Due to low volume, the price can get over-inflated only to go down after the opening bell. Not always the case, but it has happened to me a number of times.

Edit: Same applies to selling on bad news. Premarket can amplify the movement either way and makes trading trickier.

• Informative x 2
  13. A4KTT

A4KTT Member

I second this. Gotten bit before.

14. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Let me ask for feedback to this idea on the Daily Trading Charts thread.

15. 1kEE

1kEE Member

I think it would be a good idea, if we all actually stuck to AbubonB's plans for these threads.... that is keep this thread generally free of clutter and stick to SP related matters like your daily analysis (which is highly appreciated by me and I'm sure a lot of ther people) and take the random chatter and bickering elsewhere hahah.

16. MitchJi

MitchJi Active Member

Very bad idea! It's very easy focused and easy to find now. Why mix it into a bunch of other stuff.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  17. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Responders on the daily trading charts thread agree with you, Mitch, we'll keep the charts in their own thread.

1kEE, thanks for the idea, though!

• Like x 3
    • Love x 2
  18. 1kEE

1kEE Member

After reading everyone's response, I agree. Keeping that thread separate, clean and focused is the way to go.

19. austinEV

austinEV Supporting Member

Mods:
    I recommend a third thread, for discussions ABOUT threads, so half of what has been written this year:rolleyes:. That way there is a single place to bitch about the division and we don't have to read it. Or, have a thoughtful discussion about how it should be organized going forward. Either way it will be easy to isolate those posts and banish them.

• Funny x 10
    • Love x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Meta: I believe this thread should be very quiet while the market is closed and active when people are actually watching stock price movements. The other thread will probably be far more active when the market is closed.

Sounds like a good split to me. :)

• Like x 2