Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 255961 I think TE is going to be a big highlight for tesla next week during earnings call. Elon already mentioned a big ramp up. Is it possible that they delay in m3 ramp is due to batteries being used for batteries for Puerto Rico and elsewhere vs m3? Maybe Elon and tesla are doing the super moral thing here. Save lives at the expense of delaying m3

My understanding is that they're not the same type of batteries. Not substitutes.

Really my only worry for Tesla, a huge battery breakthrough that we miss. I know that these things still take time to reach production and prove themselves over time, but still a worry. All good for the planet.

Toshiba claims EV battery breakthrough: 200-mile charge in 6 minutes
If Toshiba's battery is cheap enough to manufacture, what's to prevent Tesla to license it and make it themselves? Even if the battery chemistry is from Toshiba, and shared with other automakers, Tesla still has other competitive advantages such as its economy of scale, manufacturing automation, vertical integration.

Not from owners because of the clamp that Tesla has put on any negative Model 3 reviews/observations, and rightly so. However, that doesn't mean the employees are unaware of issues. We do know that the headlights were modified because of condensation, battery packs had bad welds, and there were also 12V battery issues.

The one thing I constantly watch is the fender alignment between the headlight and the frunk. Many are ever so slightly misaligned. That has to be one of the hardest parts to stamp. When I consistently see new deliveries with flawless fit and finish for that part, that's my one of my signals that the stamping has been worked out.
I hope the employees are taken care of really well.

Reactions: Thumper
Really my only worry for Tesla, a huge battery breakthrough that we miss. I know that these things still take time to reach production and prove themselves over time, but still a worry. All good for the planet.

Hope anybody using a battery that can charge that quick has a charger that can output that kind of juice.

Assuming a 50kWh battery pack, that's what... 500kW sustained for 6 minutes? I guess if they build the battery, the chargers will come.

There has been at least one "major battery breakthrough" every week for the past two decades. At best, they get stuck in the lab because of some fatal flaw, usually cost. At worst, it's just fake news.

Toshiba announced this October 3rd, electrek reported on the 4th. This is simply being rehashed.

If said battery is that good, I expect to see it in laptops and mobile phones first. Who wouldn't want a mobile that charges to full in 5 mins?

Even before that, I expect to see it in Toshiba's laptops. I wouldn't worry until either of these happens. Even then, Toshiba has the highest incentive to partner with Tesla, than anyone else.

File this away in I will believe it when I see it.

Tesla Director Jurvetson Investigated by His VC Firm for Misconduct

Keri Kukral, a Los Angeles-based entrepreneur, posted on her Facebook page Monday, saying, “Women approached by founding partners of Draper Fisher Jurvetson should be careful. Predatory behavior is rampant.” In a comment on the post, she described the situation as “grey and personal not professional” and “exploitative.” She did not name any individuals.

• Funny
Reactions: jhm
You are just blatantly wrong. I am not spreading doubt. Again, many of my posts are completely against the FUDsters. Forgive me if I actually constructively question certain things about Elon and Tesla when I disagree with approach, or if I have a simple question about upcoming earnings. This is not spreading doubt, rather it is being prudent. I love Tesla’s products and what they mean for the future. But, I thought a forum like this was to do analysis and ask questions. If it is just to spread sunshine and make us all feel good when things could go a little off track, then I am sorry for my innocent question.
Don't bother with Value Analyst. There is no value in his analysis.

highest short % of total volume in a while today. they are coming after us really hard now.
upload_2017-10-24_23-5-26.png

Tesla Director Jurvetson Investigated by His VC Firm for Misconduct

Keri Kukral, a Los Angeles-based entrepreneur, posted on her Facebook page Monday, saying, “Women approached by founding partners of Draper Fisher Jurvetson should be careful. Predatory behavior is rampant.” In a comment on the post, she described the situation as “grey and personal not professional” and “exploitative.” She did not name any individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.