Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my suspicions for a while but Keef Wivanef exposed himself once again. Can only contain the madness for so long.

Who the f is Keef Wivanef? I hope people stay sane and dont spawn imaginary friend/name.

Truth is my math is on track/the closest to be right about the market action. Like I said, based on the recent decline rate we would be somewhere around $321 by end of the trading day. Hoped you guys consider that scientific prediction (based on simple liniar mathematical extrapolation, nothing fancy)

• Funny
Reactions: STARR X
Wow. I thought I was the only one who thought that. As soon as I saw "Ewon" I clicked Ignore.

Edit: I wonder if he uses "E**n" to track himself, like the way WordPress comment spammers intentionally misspell words to help their tracking. It would lend some credence that he, and others, are paid trolls.

You know, this was how forensic linguistics was born and Ted Kaczynski idenitified as the Unabomber based on these spelling variants. So Keef is not unlike another Ted in this regard.

Wow. I thought I was the only one who thought that. As soon as I saw "Ewon" I clicked Ignore.
You know, this was how forensic linguistics was born and Ted Kaczynski idenitified as the Unabomber based on these spelling variants. So Keef is not unlike another Ted in this regard.

I'm sure Keef would love the comparison to Kaczynski, but mr wompy wheels is a mental midget compared to the Unabomber.

Who the f is Keef Wivanef? I hope people stay sane and dont spawn imaginary friend/name.

Truth is my math is on track/the closest to be right about the market action. Like I said, based on the recent decline rate we would be somewhere around $321 by end of the trading day. Hoped you guys consider that scientific prediction (based on simple liniar mathematical extrapolation, nothing fancy)

321 ends in 1. We only believe if it ends in 6. So 316 or your math must be wrong. 326 now... something is up.

Looking at technicals - way oversold. Bought some weeklies. Will just trade over next couple of days. 330s at 2.40 per contract. Nasty.
Agree- so I bought more today. If Nov 2 shows Model 3 on track this will have been wise. otherwise- I will have been wrong. It's binary, but I made my bet again happily.
I always say one cannot consistently time correctly, but I keep trying.
[somehow that reminds me of the most famous Harvey Milk quotation]

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
No mention here of the Solar City layoff\dismissal\firings. Is this due to move to online selling and elimination of sales force? Could this also be related of move of manufacturing to NY factory? I see the layoffs as a bit of a Schrodinger's Cat issue. Are they happening as part of a Jack Welch style, maintain work force quality and eliminate obsolete jobs program, or is this cutting real resources to fund more critical growth demands, or is this an urgent cost savings program to get to full Model 3 production without needing more money. I realize that Schrodinger did not have a 3rd cat state, but I was going to start with two options, planned cutting to maintain work force quality and work adjust to changing work force needs, or is this an urgent money saving effort for Q4 to keep the ship afloat?

Reactions: erha
If you are a long term buy and hold and investor you really shouldn't be reading a thread for traders. It will just get you confused and upset. Look at the stock at most once a quarter, better yet once a year. Tell your wife that the time to reconsider your position is on its yearly anniversary, and that all arguments should be saved up until then. Other approaches just help guarantee that you'll buy high and sell low.

Note: I don't mean all people need behave this way, but some should and I get the impression you're in that group.

Because my long hold position insulates me from the day trader panic, I enjoy the drama and discussion in this thread.

It's also often educational, though there's still a lot I don't understand (but I don't clutter the thread asking for every little explanation because this isn't a beginner's thread).

The first and last time I had stock (before buying TSLA in Feb 2016 and then SCTY before the merger), was the VA Linux Systems IPO, which TL;DR I was able to get in on, but didn't have money for, so I borrowed it from my dad, and the timing (by a mere 5 minutes) of wiring the money to me and then from my bank to the IPO meant that while my shares were held for me as of the Friday IPO, I couldn't sell them until my wire cleared on Monday, and while I still made a pretty penny it was a long drop (IIRC got in at $30, peak was over $300 on Friday, went up and down but overall dropped to something like $130 on Monday?) from the high on Friday and I knew that day trading was not the hobby for me.

I'm stunned by the flat volume today... pretty much steady high volume trading, instead of the normal slowing down after the first hour, maybe picking up a little toward the end. That, with the relatively flat price, makes me highly suspicious. Of something. I just wish I knew what.

No mention here of the Solar City layoff\dismissal\firings. Is this due to move to online selling and elimination of sales force? Could this also be related of move of manufacturing to NY factory? I see the layoffs as a bit of a Schrodinger's Cat issue. Are they happening as part of a Jack Welch style, maintain work force quality and eliminate obsolete jobs program, or is this cutting real resources to fund more critical growth demands, or is this an urgent cost savings program to get to full Model 3 production without needing more money. I realize that Schrodinger did not have a 3rd cat state, but I was going to start with two options, planned cutting to maintain work force quality and work adjust to changing work force needs, or is this an urgent money saving effort for Q4 to keep the ship afloat?
I'll do some napkin math with no facts. I'm comfortable out on a ledge with nothing but opinions. :)

700 staff (as a ballpark number)
x $50,000 annual salary+benefits (totalling guessing here re average salary+benefits for 700 staff)
/ 4 (i.e., fired now so only saving one quarter of the annual salary to end Dec 2017)

comes to less than $10M savings.

I can't believe that amount of savings would be worth the effort, short term. Tesla has plenty of guaranteed loan money available that they could cheaply access instead of firing staff just to save some pocket change.

Status
Not open for further replies.