Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did you leverage to 120-200%? Was it just few days back? Based on your previous posts I thought you were on sidelines due to Model X related SP drops?

just curious.
WYW (Wish you Well)

I am around 120% now(last few days, including today, snatched some around $293). Most of 2017 I was 100%

I was 200% and more 2015 and portion of 2016, and started deleveraging on the way up.
I am slowly, very slowly thinking about leveraging up. But I wouldn't do anything drastic until we got into $220-$230, and I don't expect us to breach $280

And when I talk of 120%, I speak of calculated delta, mostly through DITM long-term calls

Layering orders for this morning:
Layering_orders.JPG

Last edited:
Not me. I'd still buy the Model 3's we have on reservation.

Not me either, I test drove the model 3 four weeks ago and it is everything I hoped for at half the cost of a comparable Model S. I can't wait to replace my 2015 VW eGolf with a real tesla, without fake engine noise generator, without $15/month iphone app use fee, without the stupid obsolete start/stop button state machine clowning me (cant close windows, car is turned off, can't lock, car is turned on, can't charge, car is turned on...), replace it with 310 mile range instead of 85, with autopilot, with the good looks and the comfortable seats, with the awesome acceleration. I now even love the dashboard / screen combination, something I had to see in person to fully understand. There is no way I would wait if I was given the chance to get one today, or in a month, or in two or three. I would wait even longer, but don't think thats even going to be necessary :)

IMG_3766.JPG

I definitely narrowed it down to white. This is one of the early 3xx vins, when I get to get mine its probably in the 10,xxx :)

Alright, sold all my stock, all in on call options j19. Hope that was the right move. I'm also at 93%, so no risk of a margin call.
Don't gauge whether it was the right move though based upon short term movements of the stock. You will always second guess based on that. But, when we get to next summer, then it's reasonable to consider if it was the right move. I'm guessing you will be glad you did.

Reactions: DragonWatch
Remember when netflx, apple, nvidia, were trading at 10-20% of their current valuation? Yeah that's what i thought. Nothing has materially detracted from the tesla mission, except that they are doing their own manufacturing, found a problem and have a solution for it. So i guess we'll all have to wait a bit longer for our M3...
yep... nothing but green lights from here.

I submit that is the very definition of a niche market. Not the hundreds of thousands of vehicles that Elon (and the bulls) envision.

I respectfully submit to you, that had I not drank the cool aid or wore rose colored sunglasses back in 1966, niche sports enthusiasts would not enjoy soccer as they do today. The same goes for the National Eagle Scout Association (NESA).

A few years before that, a neighbor kid a year or two kicked me in the region where nine year old boys begin learning of a brave new world. He did that because I had shared at school a bird house I hade made, and he wanted it. Despite not going to a doctor, I managed to eventually run and win the hundred yard dash in 10.4 seconds, and survive a full successful military career. Also, despite my right herniated testical, my wife and I produced two beautiful children. As we told our daughter for many years as a part of her sex education, we did it once for practice and twice for production:)

@Big Dog I did not pick you out of a lineup, I merely thought your comment was a good point and worth discussing. It appears based on your response I probably missed the underlying meaning of your message. Regardless, you have pigeonholed me to a “T”, I am a glossy eyed boy that loves his Tesla and the chance to save the environment that provided me wonderful opportunities to succeed in life despite the deniers that would rather have flushed me down the drain with the bath water:)

My whole life has been niche thinking and scarier than most; I actually accomplish/succeed that way:). The herd mentality says “thinking outside the box.” Me, it is just the way I am:)

@Big Dog if you really have one or two M3s reserved, thank you! As a long horn bull, I thank you!

Edit: You will know me on the road in my Blue (not rose colored) MX, license “4 Earth” Just because I graduated from Hawthorne High (CA), does not mean I am related to Elon. I get that all the time; okay, not:). While technically I did graduate, I really believe the principal wanted me out of his thin balding hair.

Months like this are why I’m only in shares, no margin. Big drop, and for legit reasons, but meh.

What this changes for me:

I had as many shares as I wanted (~20% of net worth), but this price makes buying very tempting. I’ll look into what kind of change I can scrounge up, and if it’s still in this range next week, I may increase my position by 10%.

I may get my M3 sooner. I was waiting for dual motors, but the risk of Congress yanking the $7500 credit is tempting me to go with first production. Losing the credit would almost certainly be good for Tesla long-term, but it creates some short-term turmoil. If Congress would kindly wait until 2019 or so, that would be perfect.

Edit: my “meh” emoji apparently doesn’t work on this forum.

Months like this are why I’m only in shares, no margin. Big drop, and for legit reasons, but meh.

What this changes for me:

I had as many shares as I wanted (~20% of net worth), but this price makes buying very tempting. I’ll look into what kind of change I can scrounge up, and if it’s still in this range next week, I may increase my position by 10%.

I may get my M3 sooner. I was waiting for dual motors, but the risk of Congress yanking the $7500 credit is tempting me to go with first production. Losing the credit would almost certainly be good for Tesla long-term, but it creates some short-term turmoil. If Congress would kindly wait until 2019 or so, that would be perfect.

Edit: my “meh” emoji apparently doesn’t work on this forum.

I like that.

How big of an impact will an immediate end to the $7,500 tax credit make on Tesla sales (S, X, 3)? Definitely didn't think we'd encounter this..

.In the 400K plus reservation holders , there already are people in line knowing that they will not be getting tax credit, yet they have reserved.

For (S/X) by the time competition comes - there will be no Tax credit for ALL ;)

So there should be no impact ..

• Love
Reactions: everman
that is why i am shorting TSLA at the right moments.. It doesn't mean it won't go up. I will wait until it HAS IRON CLAD PROOF/ SUBSTANTIAL DATA ABOUT MODEL 3 PRODUCTION RUNNING SMOOTHLY BEFORE I REINVEST IN TESLA. I DONT TRUST ELON MUSK RUNNING HIS DIRTY MOUTH. lol

I am fairly confident most here would not say I am a blind faith EM supporter but if I felt as you do about the CEO of a company I would never invest in it.

I am not happy with the current 3 situation and I do put the blame on EM spreading himself too thin. He needs a COO to make sure that the trains are running on time (and giving realistic external guidance even if EM is giving aspirational internal guidance. (Beating the drum for a COO again: I know @Krugerrand it is pointless for me to do so)

I have come to accept that EM will not change for AlMc

• Helpful
Reactions: TMSE
Status
Not open for further replies.