Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
0E2C6E46-CD5B-4A91-BC5E-537DB0844AC1.png
Can you post some charts which show a five year history? This would be illustrative of the growth potential and that current, last few months price, was merely a blip.
Can you post some charts which show a five year history? This would be illustrative of the growth potential and that current, last few months price, was merely a blip.
sure here’s a quick one
I’ll post some more detailed charts over the weekend maybe Sunday

It's not really competing with any other car, it has no peers.

And don't forget the maintenance costs on those hypercards are stupidly high, plus I heard once on the Bugatti Veyron you have to change the tyres every 200 miles, or something like that.

If you take the Tesla Roadster over 250 MPH you will also need to change the tires every 200 miles and the wheels every 10k miles. Wheels will crack from fatigue at those speeds.

View attachment 260961

sure here’s a quick one
I’ll post some more detailed charts over the weekend maybe Sunday
Very telling plateau in price yet products in both delivery and future growth have increased, including MX, M3, TE, solar, and now semi and roadster. Add to this driving data from shadow mode on cars, which we know has value as evidenced by other auto manufacturers funding and acquiring companies and startups in the past few years which handle self driving...

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: MitchJi and Lessmog
With the way Tesla makes fast irrational dips, often on macro news and things, I disagree that it's hard to make money on slightly OTM calls. 2 weeks seems to be plenty of time to recover the dip back into the normal trading range. At least the last few weeks this has been very profitable for me.

It's true. If you figured out an approach that works, definitely keep improving your skills in that area. There are many ways to make money, some are very profitable. My post was for those who haven't tried a lot with short term options.

• Helpful
Reactions: MitchJi and neroden
Awesome dude! Great! I’m tempted to sell 1000 shares and buy one now but then it’s super hard for me to sell a single share
Who knows what 1000 shares will be worth in 10 years maybe $6 million so probably best to let them be

Hate to sell them also. I had to sell some back in 2014/15. Bought for $80k and sold for $300k, which was really nice, but they would be worth $450k now. Just been accumulating ever since.

Awesome dude! Great! I’m tempted to sell 1000 shares and buy one now but then it’s super hard for me to sell a single share
Who knows what 1000 shares will be worth in 10 years maybe $6 million so probably best to let them be
Unless you plan to use that 6mil for good deeds, might as well buy it. Hoarding cash doesn't do anybody any favors. Not like anyone is going to write "TT007 won the game" on your tombstone. Seems like such a waste if you have the opportunity to do great / fun things. I don't have much but I do the same, save/invest/wait in hopes of a better future instead of enjoying today. Time is worth more than all the money in your current and hypothetical bank account. I'm working on it myself. Just something to think about.

(doesn't mean everybody should recklessly spend money, this is clearly within TT's means, not breaking the bank so to speak)

Unless you plan to use that 6mil for good deeds, might as well buy it. Hoarding cash doesn't do anybody any favors. Not like anyone is going to write "TT007 won the game" on your tombstone. Seems like such a waste if you have the opportunity to do great / fun things. I don't have much but I do the same, save/invest/wait in hopes of a better future instead of enjoying today. Time is worth more than all the money in your current and hypothetical bank account. I'm working on it myself. Just something to think about.

(doesn't mean everybody should recklessly spend money, this is clearly within TT's means, not breaking the bank so to speak)

You can do way funner things with 6 millions than 300k though. The difference is pretty huge.
If it was 300k or 1 million I'd agree with you.

But 300k to 6 millions .... in 10 years time ....

You can do way funner things with 6 millions than 300k though. The difference is pretty huge.
If it was 300k or 1 million I'd agree with you.

But 300k to 6 millions .... in 10 years time ....

What about the other 400M he'll have if tesla is up 20X? the 6M is irrelevant. It's the equivalent of me taking a 1 week holiday, I don't think I'd regret it all that much. Assuming both you, your loved ones, Tesla are still around in 10 years. Besides, then you just want to turn the 6M into 20M. Doesn't end.

I'm not liking the movement of the SP today when there are so much volume. The SP is basically just moving sideways. Does this mean a tug of war between shorts and longs with a lot of options play involved?

Even though max-pain after yesterday's close was published as $320, it may have dropped to $315 during today's session, after which monthly options were to expire. The TSLA price pattern and trading volume during the final 65 minutes had the signature of hedge funds and market makers seeking to nudge the closing price down toward $315. That would have shut out the buyers of both puts and calls at $315, allowing the writers to keep their premiums.

The high volume came during the first couple of hours as traders assessed the impact of last night's Tesla event. After the volume rate slowed, the manipulators could do their thing. The volume increase during the final 10 minutes was normal going into a monthly options expiration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.