Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gigafactory 2 is ready for production, for us this is known news. Not sure if this is a surprise for the market. I bought some today at the open. Still have unfilled orders.

The recent set up has been bullish. Today going above 303.7 was a confirmed buy. Then breaking 305 was a intraday cup and handle breakout.

There is a decent chance the next high will be around March.
i'll post my charts about weekly RSI that you brought to my attention in one of your recent emails as soon as I get a chance
your prediction was right on spot

There's no hidden news. FB and GOOG charts look the same.

Got news - looked at teslastats.no. No words. 120 Teslas registered in Norway today! 509 for December after just 6 days :eek:! All of last month (which wasn´t bad at all) was 997. (But I am aware this is not stock moving news)

EDIT: Just realized someone was quicker - 2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

Last edited:
Not when you look at volume relative to previous days this week and last.

Another quick stat - 23,443 registrations in Europe through Nov 2017 (YTD) - that was 13,540 in 2016. Stagnating sales, anyone :D? That´s all of Europe and almost a whole year, so much more statistically sound than the fireworks coming from Norway.

TSLA has been pushing upward today in extended spurts accompanied by significant trading volume. That's usually a sign of institutional accumulation. Someone must know something. Eventually we'll learn what it is.
I just remember last year beginning of december we had the same situation. After downgradings in november $TSLA went up from dec4 on :cool:

I just remember last year beginning of december we had the same situation. After downgradings in november $TSLA went up from dec4 on :cool:

Oh Yeah, I have a spreadsheet and last year was a lot like this year in that sense. Major losses for a couple of months then it took off like a rocket. I should have paid closer attention to that before I lost all that money...haha.. I guess ill make it back in the next 6 months.

Reactions: DragonWatch
IMO, I do not believe that there is any 'unannounced/someone knows something' news causing the SP uptick today. It is mutual fund managers rebalancing their positions year end and looking to buy now what they believe will give them the best returns for next year. To all of us that believe that 2018 will be a good year for Tesla/TSLA, that means accumulating some TSLA now BEFORE good news starts to filter/flood out.

It could also explain the relative strength of TSLA to hold 300-305 the last few days in the face of a tech sell off/rotation.

Gigafactory 2 is ready for production, for most of us this is known news. Not sure if this is a surprise for the market. I bought some today at the open. Still have unfilled orders.

The recent set up has been bullish. Today going above 303.7 was a confirmed buy. Then breaking 305 was a intraday cup and handle breakout.

There is a decent chance the next high will be around March.

When I bought at the open today while the stock was approaching $300, I didn't expect it would reverse 4% right away. I thought there is a decent chance it would break below $300 and hit a lower support level. It still could drop.

I bought because I think the stock is very undervalued, so I just keep adding. Will add more around 280, then 250, if we get there.

In case we do get a rally in the next few months, (for the trading shares) instead of selling them at a predetermined price, I would try to decide the next move based on business development and technical charts. For example, if Tesla shows a perfect autonomous driving system, then I should add more shares at $400, instead of selling for a quick profit.

Got news - looked at teslastats.no. No words. 120 Teslas registered in Norway today! 509 for December after just 6 days :eek:! All of last month (which wasn´t bad at all) was 997. (But I am aware this is not stock moving news)

Norway is not the only European country with strong deliveries in December. Mark my words.

I bought Jan '19 calls the other day ( which I haven't been in calls for months) due to:

1) lower end of trading range for the last 6 months
2) all that cash pouring in for Roadster/Semi reservations is not being noticed by the market
3) We're closer to the 3 ramp than we were a few months ago
4) Tesla Energy has been too quiet for too long, they gotta ramp up sometime soon

We'll see if it pans out, but I like my chances!

This will undoubtedly take the prize for most idiotic article of the day.

I emailed the author about her headline implying that signs of flagging Model 3 demand are facts, when nothing in the article made them appear to be more than assumptions made by the analyst.

She replied, "I take offence at that. I know Eric and I believe his research has integrity. I'm sorry that you are so dazzled by Tesla that every time someone expresses bearish sentiment you feel obliged to write a snotty email in an attempt to shut them down. If you read my stories, I think you'll see that i research them carefully and have high standards."

I'm pretty much hoping the market will stay strong until we have the ramp up. Christmas rally. Weakness in the broader market will IMO guarantee sub 300, but I'd like to think there will be sub-300 buyers who see the ramp up right around the corner.

Keep in mind shorts have moved in during the past 30-45 days (short interest).
And historically, short interest has maxed out at local lows and receded at local highs (exactly the opposite of what short sellers want to do)

I emailed the author about her headline implying that signs of flagging Model 3 demand are facts, when nothing in the article made them appear to be more than assumptions made by the analyst.

She replied, "I take offence at that. I know Eric and I believe his research has integrity. I'm sorry that you are so dazzled by Tesla that every time someone expresses bearish sentiment you feel obliged to write a snotty email in an attempt to shut them down. If you read my stories, I think you'll see that i research them carefully and have high standards."

All I can say is I am glad I didn't have any food or drink in my mouth when I read that!:)

I emailed the author about her headline implying that flagging Model 3 demand is a fact, when nothing in the article made it appear to be more than an assumption made by the analyst.

I'd probably send back an email saying that perhaps she misunderstood Eric Ross's research -- since according to her article, Eric is claiming that Model 3 demand is dropping because there's too high a backlog due to rising Model 3 demand, which is essentially a contradictory claim.

As an admitted ultra-short-term analyst, Eric's belief that the stock price may not go up until later in 2018 is plausible, but the statements about demand make no sense -- and with a large backlog, demand is not even relevant to the short term. If he's making a short-term call, it isn't about demand.

Wow! She sounds very bitter! She doesn't sound like an impartial journalist. Amazing to see so many corrupt media persons in the pockets of Oil / ICE mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.