Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! She sounds very bitter! She doesn't sound like an impartial journalist. Amazing to see so many corrupt media persons in the pockets of Oil / ICE mafia.
It's also possible she has gotten dozens or more of such emails and lost her patience by the time she received the email from Curt. Instead of rethinking her article title all these people emailing her must be wrong and snotty! :rolleyes:

I emailed the author about her headline implying that signs of flagging Model 3 demand are facts, when nothing in the article made them appear to be more than assumptions made by the analyst.

She replied, "I take offence at that. I know Eric and I believe his research has integrity. I'm sorry that you are so dazzled by Tesla that every time someone expresses bearish sentiment you feel obliged to write a snotty email in an attempt to shut them down. If you read my stories, I think you'll see that i research them carefully and have high standards."

Uy. Sounds like a real professional journalist, and a sharp one at that!

Similar argument: Lamborghini only sold about 1000 cars in the US this year. Therefore, only 1,000 people want Lamborghinis.

I emailed the author about her headline implying that signs of flagging Model 3 demand are facts, when nothing in the article made them appear to be more than assumptions made by the analyst.

She replied, "I take offence at that. I know Eric and I believe his research has integrity. I'm sorry that you are so dazzled by Tesla that every time someone expresses bearish sentiment you feel obliged to write a snotty email in an attempt to shut them down. If you read my stories, I think you'll see that i research them carefully and have high standards."

This is not her first time. I suspect paid bashing. I added Ciara Linnane and Cascend Securities (Eric Ross) to my ignore list and move on. It's unnecessary to differentiate paid bashing, or bashing due to stupidity. Life is short, don't have so much time to waste.

VIN 2077 spotted

Highest production VIN in the wild

I realize VIN counting is not precise, and 2077 doesn't mean the bottleneck is cleared. That said, the great crowdsourcing in that thread may well offer a great buying opportunity. Even with VIN counting being an imprecise indicator, it should be pretty clear from these counts if Tesla does get to 1000s per week before year end as Elon had projected on the call (though not confidently in my view).... we are talking about some time in the next 3 weeks seeing VINs moving up by thousands, or not. Tesla's next known expected update on the Model 3 ramp is early January with the release of Q4 vehicle sales.

I'm agnostic re their getting to thousands per week this year, and as to whether or not the market will quickly price such an at least partial clearing of the production hurdle, but, if they do get to thousands/week and the stock is still in the low $300s, that's a very nice opening to buy.

Of course, I'm all in on my core position (have been for years), but, I'd happily tell any friends who've hesitated to pull the trigger if we get that opening.

This is not her first time. I suspect paid bashing. I added Ciara Linnane and Cascend Securities (Eric Ross) to my ignore list and move on. It's unnecessary to differentiate paid bashing, or bashing due to stupidity. Life is short, don't have so much time to waste.

She writes for MarketWatch. MW, Barrons, and the Wall Street Journal are all owned by Rupert Murdoch, and it shows in nearly every shot article on Tesla they release.

You don't have to take my word for this... two months ago, Tesla even released this public statement re the WSJ's "coverage"

“For over a decade, the WSJ has relentlessly attacked Tesla with misleading articles that, with few exceptions, push or exceed the boundaries of journalistic integrity."

She writes for MarketWatch. MW, Barrons, and the Wall Street Journal are all owned by Rupert Murdoch, and it shows in nearly every shot article on Tesla they release.

You don't have to take my word for this... two months ago, Tesla even released this public statement re the WSJ's "coverage"

“For over a decade, the WSJ has relentlessly attacked Tesla with misleading articles that, with few exceptions, push or exceed the boundaries of journalistic integrity."

Does anyone know Ciara Linnane's email address? I will write her an email too.

VIN 2077 spotted

Highest production VIN in the wild

I realize VIN counting is not precise, and 2077 doesn't mean the bottleneck is cleared. That said, the great crowdsourcing in that thread may well offer a great buying opportunity. Even with VIN counting being an imprecise indicator, it should be pretty clear from these counts if Tesla does get to 1000s per week before year end as Elon had projected on the call (though not confidently in my view).... we are talking about some time in the next 3 weeks seeing VINs moving up by thousands, or not. Tesla's next known expected update on the Model 3 ramp is early January with the release of Q4 vehicle sales.

I'm agnostic re their getting to thousands per week this year, and as to whether or not the market will quickly price such an at least partial clearing of the production hurdle, but, if they do get to thousands/week and the stock is still in the low $300s, that's a very nice opening to buy.

Of course, I'm all in on my core position (have been for years), but, I'd happily tell any friends who've hesitated to pull the trigger if we get that opening.

Just on reddit: #2079 to be delivered Monday!

This will undoubtedly take the prize for most idiotic article of the day.
Cascend’s Chief Investment Strategist Eric Ross said new customers who have not already preordered the Model 3 are realizing that they can’t get new vehicles until 2019, and are starting to look elsewhere. The electric-car field is growing, with all the major car makers working on their own models, he said. Ford Motor Co. F, -0.40% alone has 13 electric vehicles planned for release in the next five years.

So because I can't get my M3 in 2019 I jump ship to Ford that might have some EV available in 2023? Totally makes sense! /irony

Cascend’s Chief Investment Strategist Eric Ross said new customers who have not already preordered the Model 3 are realizing that they can’t get new vehicles until 2019, and are starting to look elsewhere. The electric-car field is growing, with all the major car makers working on their own models, he said. Ford Motor Co. F, -0.40% alone has 13 electric vehicles planned for release in the next five years.

So because I can't get my M3 in 2019 I jump ship to Ford that might have some EV available in 2023? Totally makes sense! /irony

Tricky tricky, mixing numbers/dates (2019) with word numbers (five). Guess that strategist has trouble making that math work...

Now how to add 2017 with "five"? :rolleyes: Guess those word problems in elementary school were just a little too problematic.

I'd probably send back an email saying that perhaps she misunderstood Eric Ross's research -- since according to her article, Eric is claiming that Model 3 demand is dropping because there's too high a backlog due to rising Model 3 demand, which is essentially a contradictory claim.

As an admitted ultra-short-term analyst, Eric's belief that the stock price may not go up until later in 2018 is plausible, but the statements about demand make no sense -- and with a large backlog, demand is not even relevant to the short term. If he's making a short-term call, it isn't about demand.

This is what I love about investing (as opposed to politics)....eventually, one side is proven correct with their logic. And the other is proven wrong. And you have to back up your assumptions with real scratch.

First thing to note is that the journalists don't necessarily write the headline. Headline writers do that. The headline is just an advert for an article, and you can expect it to be as accurate as advertising for a physical product.

I also note that you quoted the reply while not giving the text of your own email. That is unreasonable.

Could this be because the goal of this shorts is not to make profit but to take Tesla down? My guess is that this is capital of the big ICE players.
you think? the auto industry (top 10 in revenue ICE vehicles) have revenue of $1,524,168 Million ($1.5 Trillion) AND just happen to use the products of (again top 10 fossil fuel companies) that have revenue of $1,977,690 Million ($1.977 Trillion) or $3.5 Trillion. Using just 0.0001% to kill EV's still gives a huge pot of money to kill/slow/stumble/restrict, even accidentally and uncoordinated
Fortune Global 500 List 2017: See Who Made It

To be fair, we have a vehicle that we are hoping lasts until we get our Tesla Model 3. Nissan and their crappy transmissions... Anyhow, if we don’t get our Model 3 before our ICE car breaks down, I may lease a different BEV. I’ve sworn to never acquire another ICE vehicle. So our POS Nissan has to make it to July 2018, assuming the ramp-up goes according to plan. I have considered a used Model S, however buying a vehicle without Autopilot 2.0 depreciates a vehicle at least $10k in my mind.

While focused on the article and fun to boot, Tesla says you can order today and possibly receive your M3 by the middle of 2018; holy banana boats mom, that is next year:) Probably a base model, but an M3. Model 3 Notice they say mid 2018 ~ just checked again.

While focused on the article and fun to boot, Tesla says today you can order today and receive your prebuilt MS within 7 days ~ holy banana boats mom, that is this year and includes $7,500 tax incentive:) Oh, and as of last night there were only eleven available:-( FYI ~ last year according to InsideEVs, Tesla sold in December 2016 5,850 (US deliveries). That was up from 700 in Oct16 and 1,100 in Nov16, again US deliveries.

Yes, you are slow; there are no prebuilt MXs, now you have to special order! Wives, you failed to make the boy happy with his new MX! All you had to do was tell him you relent and you desperately want it by Christmas. Give him his two front teeth back and an MX under the tree. Hey, you too can get that $7,500 tax incentive you've always wanted. Oh, last year Tesla delivered 3,875 US deliveries. That $7,500 could get you a stressless sofa!

Do you think Tesla was sitting on its laurels waiting for BoneSpur to conger up a Tax Incentive for fossil fuel/ICE buddies? I know their marketing team is way more cleaver than me. I proactively bought my MX in anticipation of this move. It was a no duh moment ~ I mean really people. You are people right, not AI bots ~ right? I would be pi$$ed to find out you guys were bots and not human. I have enough invisible friends that do not show up for my monthly coffee on how to save the world:-( Oh, when I finally got off the dime to order our MX, first my wife said I could, second we had received two calls from Tesla asking what it would take to help me get off the dime. I just needed something to unstick the Superglue between my foot and dime:)

Have any of you heard of Chevy Bolt demand beyond the month? Has Chevy built Bolts to meet demand of the drop dead date of the $7,500 tax incentive. Is GM willing to sit on their duff and let millions/billions of dollars go out the door that they have invested in EVs/technology just so fossil fuel can once again control their lives as bullies often do? Oh for crying out loud, GM probably is tossing money away just like they did in the seventies passing market share onto Toyota. GM management lightbulbs are so dim, should upgrade to LED:)

Butt you know all this right? Go Tesla:)

Yes, you are right, my grandson might enjoy a founders special MS. What else is he going to do when he is not learning computer programming skills at 5 years? Besides how else is he going to learn to drive? By the time he can actually drive autopilot will . . . :)

Last edited:
Reactions: winfield100
Status
Not open for further replies.