Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t want more shares, but I got more shares. Picked up another 100 shares at $310.36– not quite the low of the day, but darn close.

I don’t do anything fancy— no LEAPS, options, calls, or margin— so I’m not sure I even belong on this thread. But I’m happy to read everyone’s input. And happy not to read those who no longer show up on my feed.

Happy 2017, everyone! It’s been great, and I expect 2018 to be greater!!

I didn’t want more shares, but I got more shares. Picked up another 100 shares at $310.36– not quite the low of the day, but darn close.

I don’t do anything fancy— no LEAPS, options, calls, or margin— so I’m not sure I even belong on this thread. But I’m happy to read everyone’s input. And happy not to read those who no longer show up on my feed.

Similar here. I lurk here daily and read everything but never comment. I dont do anything fancy, just buy the stock cause I cant time the market and I can be as long as need be.

Currently hold 800 TSLA shares and might add more on jan 2nd.

Cheers.

Next week should be interesting. It seems like market expectations on M3 production/delivery are far removed from reality (and what was indicated by the company during the Q3 conference call). I was not concerned until the Munster piece. Hopefully, the disappointment is already priced in. I guess being ever the optimist when it comes to Tesla, I really thought that not only had the company seemed to turn the corner on M3 production, but that the markets also seemed to have turned the corner. I guess one out of two is not bad, especially when in the long run it is the more important item.

Reactions: BornToFly and mongo

Happy 2017, everyone! It’s been great, and I expect 2018 to be greater!!

I have some dry powder and was torn on buying more shares today. My gut says M3 Q4 deliveries will disappoint the market so I couldn't pull the trigger and decided to wait until next week. If I'm wrong and the delivery / production totals result in a positive stock move that is OK I have too much TSLA anyway :)

I have some dry powder and was torn on buying more shares today. My gut says M3 Q4 deliveries will disappoint the market so I couldn't pull the trigger and decided to wait until next week. If I'm wrong and the delivery / production totals result in a positive stock move that is OK I have too much TSLA anyway :)

I keep saying the same thing. I have lots of shares, and now a lot o LEAPS using margin. I just can't help myself when the stock price is this low. If the shorts want to keep making me richer, who am I to deny them. Making them suffer while I count all my money is an added bonus.

I am actually happy to see the SP dropping down and staying near $300 through the end of this week instead of going up in anticipation of Q4 delivery #s. This to me fits the "sell the rumor buy the news" model. If the delivery and production #s look decent I think we will have a good January, and the local high we visited in Dec a couple weeks ago will just be a hint of what the SP can do.
I'm happy too. I have some stock in my IRA, I've been retired since '08. If the share price goes up after the first of the year, I won't have to sell as many shares to meet my RMD.

@gene We expect a review......and congratulations both on your '3' and your TSLA purchases. We may need you to purchase more today as the bears may be out the last day of the week/year for trading.
Quick review on Model 3. I have driven it 85 miles.It is awesome! There is no other car like it (other than Model S and Model X). It is going to be near impossible for any other company to sell cars once more people have driven or ridden in a Model3. What it does better than my S is it hugs the curves like it is bolted down to the road. I love the interior. The fit and finish is way beyond what my 2013 Model S is. Where is falls short from the S is that the S is still more comfortable in terms of seats, quietness, and smoothness (My S has coils).

Here's the thing, I only need one Tesla for me personally. I think I really want a new S. Someone sold a Model 3 yesterday at $75,000 on ebay. I'm thinking if anyone wants this car at $75k (or something close), sure, I will sell it and instantly buy a new Model S instead. It is white, 18" wheels, long range. My son and wife are getting Model 3's but they want different colors.

Quick review on Model 3. I have driven it 85 miles.It is awesome! There is no other car like it (other than Model S and Model X). It is going to be near impossible for any other company to sell cars once more people have driven or ridden in a Model3. What it does better than my S is it hugs the curves like it is bolted down to the road. I love the interior. The fit and finish is way beyond what my 2013 Model S is. Where is falls short from the S is that the S is still more comfortable in terms of seats, quietness, and smoothness (My S has coils).

Here's the thing, I only need one Tesla for me personally. I think I really want a new S. Someone sold a Model 3 yesterday at $75,000 on ebay. I'm thinking if anyone wants this car at $75k (or something close), sure, I will sell it and instantly buy a new Model S instead. It is white, 18" wheels, long range. My son and wife are getting Model 3's but they want different colors.

Let all your neighbors know that.

Tesla spends 0 dollars in advertising. The real value is in word of mouth.

Good to hear! This reinforces that Tesla has managed to avoid the Osborne effect many were worried about with the 3.

Damn...

Wood_Troll.jpg

In December 2012, I bought a fair amount of TSLA. In March 2013, I received my Model S. Holy sh#t!!! What a car!! I immediately bought a lot more TSLA. Today, Friday, I will be picking up my Model 3 at Marina Del Rey. If it as awesome as I suspect, I'll be buying some more TSLA on my drive home. Damn, I miss those days of buying TSLA under $30 a share!
@gene Update? Did you buy more shares on the way home?

So, back from Christmas vacation and catching up...

I note that trading was choppy on thin volume, as I predicted, and no rally started, as I predicted, there seems to be end-of-year profit-taking / position-trimming from institutional longs, as predicted, and we seem to have gotten another holiday bear raid, much like the one around Independence Day. So, all going as expected.

Come Tuesday we'll start seeing more normal trading again -- of course, news will almost immediately come out, in the form of delivery numbers.

• Helpful
Reactions: MitchJi and Sudre
Status
Not open for further replies.