Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@AudubonB, @doug, @danny is there a way to have the TSLA real-time daily price movements (Yahoo or NASDAQ or whatever) permanently displayed or linked to this thread? Maybe in the banner ad area or something? Possible?
I'm thinking it would add an unnecessary level of tackiness to the TMC forum. Anyone trading this already has their favorite ways of monitoring the SP

I'm thinking it would add an unnecessary level of tackiness to the TMC forum. Anyone trading this already has their favorite ways of monitoring the SP

It's actually a reference to the old TMC. The old format TMC had the yahoo finance chart in the corner of the threads that was always updating. IIRC there wasn't much threads exclaiming the current price since it was right there for everyone to see.

You had the usual: "wow look at that price action!", but not the "213"...followed by the "really! Let me go see"...sequence of threads. Yes they're short and can be funny and entertaining at times, but do add to the clutter.

Edit:

Besides, given the choice, I'd rather see a daily chart for TSLA for This thread as the banner, than an ad for Ford F-150 (wonder why I get those...:rolleyes:).

Last edited:
MOD NOTE:

As you all know, markets will be open in the morning. All discussion other than that dealing absolutely specifically with the market-and-price-as-it-is-happening gets posted in the OTHER thread; pure market items here.

I'm mostly not available for the next two days - as all will see.

There was 133k drawdown on shares available to borrow at Fidelity in pre-market (starting from 8:04am):

Snap1.png

IMO - what we saw right before open and first 15 minutes was pure market manipulaton to adjust positions.

It may have been investors with profits in TSLA who waited with orders to their brokers to sell at or near the opening on the first trading day of the new year, so that the capital gains would apply for the tax year 2017 rather than 2016. Most of those sales should now be cleared out of the way.

It may have been investors with profits in TSLA who waited with orders to their brokers to sell at or near the opening on the first trading day of the new year, so that the capital gains would apply for the tax year 2017 rather than 2016. Most of those sales should now be cleared out of the way.

Yeah, I got some buying done on the margin and negative account, thinking about doing exactly what you described (before number release).

Status
Not open for further replies.