Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like this?

iStock_000027217304Large.jpg
Why the board? Elon already walks on water.

In addition to the interested listed above, the following members are added to the list:
@austinEV
@MitchJi
@zdriver

I contacted Ihor Dusaniwsky with the request for info, and planning to provide an update when I have more information via PM to the interested members.
Unless it's confidential information why not post it here?

Reactions: Skryll
Up from the previous statement of 3 new Gigafactories to 4?

"Reckless expansion" is a go, I guess. Everyone's guessing China and Europe, but where will the *other* two Gigafactories be?

I would guess one in East Coast USA (maybe near the triple frontier of Maryland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia), mainly for cars, but the last one could be in India which is hungerly and loudly awaiting for Tesla there.
China would be great to feed China (and Hong-kong), South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and the rest of Pacific Area and South East Asia (maybe next markets where Tesla could enter from China could be Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, etc...).
India, could feed its own market, but also Middle East markets, then maybe also first African markets, like South Africa.
In the long term, at least one more factory in USA (Texas?), and even Brazil could have a factory (cars, semi-trucks, solar panels and batteries) to feed its own market and the rest of South America.
But for this last one and for India, I think the dead at birth fourth generation compact Tesla (smaller than the Model 3 and Y) that Elon spoke about last year before deleting it in the Master Plan Part Two, would be necessary, but I can't see it being reality before 2025...

Last edited:
Being slightly OCD about the Fidelity availability data, I continued to collect it. Not surprisingly, it suggests some covering activity (add your favorite flavor of small print/disclaimer here). Here is the data:

View attachment 224855

Ok, here is my 2c.
This is the latest report of shares lent out from my IB account. As you can see close to all my shares are lent out, all the time. The normal seems to be; lent one day, delivered back the next day, then lent out, same day, to the next Shorter. As of this evening the last Shorters have not delivered back their shares. Shares available to short at IB is 917k as I write. This is my core holding that I bought in 2012, and that I let shorts borrow from last summer.
As you will see the same ID of the shorts are doing several trades with my shares.

Lent out to Shorts.jpg

Last edited:
The Tesla Semi, Boring Company, white Model 3 and other TED Talk snippits (4 more Gigafactories) are an avalanche of news stories all released on a Friday. Investors will have the entire weekend to absorb coverage and opinion on these news items... I'm fairly sure it will result in a push on Monday, going through until ER, apart from a dip on Wednesday prior to the report (nervous investors take a bearish gamble and sell. IIRC that tends to happen on the day of ER.)

Oh yeah, I've read that Solar Roof pricing will be announced by the end of April which means by EOD Sunday. More for the info avalanche, prior to Monday's market opening.

I would guess one in East Coast USA (maybe near the triple frontier of Maryland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia), mainly for cars, but the last one could be in India which is hungerly and loudly awaiting for Tesla there.

When Modi visited Tesla, he was encouraging Elon to build a Tesla Energy Gigafactory in India. India needs storage for the push to renewables. Others have noted that the electrical grid in India isn't always there and doesn't always work, meaning that it may be some time before they will be ready for wide-spread use of electric cars.

When Modi visited Tesla, he was encouraging Elon to build a Tesla Energy Gigafactory in India. India needs storage for the push to renewables. Others have noted that the electrical grid in India isn't always there and doesn't always work, meaning that it may be some time before they will be ready for wide-spread use of electric cars.

I guess Tesla batteries could help for a better grid management and to handle the wide-spread use of electric cars. I guess too, that the wide spread of solar panels could both, help to complete some "holes" in the Indian electric grid (especially in isolated villages and small towns) and give some relieve to the electric grid if a lot of industrial and commercial buildings put solar in their roof.

Reactions: neroden and EinSV
Status
Not open for further replies.