Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleasantly surprised, is this gigafactory investor stuff overpowering the deliveries miss? The Ford betting on us manufacturing thing too? Someone mentioned Jeff Evanson speaking at CES too, not sure why he'd be speaking there anyway?

Third time bouncing off 225, and we've now surpassed average daily volume in less than 90 minutes of trading.

How many times do we have to bounce off 225 before we punch through it?
Noon Gigafactory reporting could be the catalyst to get us past 225 and Bolinger Band at 226....or we may have to "settle" for $7+ day on potentially rocky Q4 delivery report.

• Love
Reactions: austinEV
Pleasantly surprised, is this gigafactory investor stuff overpowering the deliveries miss? The Ford betting on us manufacturing thing too? Someone mentioned Jeff Evanson speaking at CES too, not sure why he'd be speaking there anyway?
Was me: its some financial conference co-located with CES. NVDA, FLIR, and several others are speaking there too.

Client Portal - Confirmed Companies

• Helpful
Reactions: tander
Screenshot 2017-01-04 10.37.02.png

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
With the exception of one period today with net covering, the short sellers are not convinced and continue some shorting throughout this morning. This is good news - the longer short sellers procrastinate before covering, the more potent TSLA move up will be. GF starting production of 2170 cells that go into finished products (testing and validation was already completed) is huge.

Snap1.png

From the Fidelity newsfeed:

Tesla Motors Up More Than 3%, Co Says Started Mass Production of Lithium-Ion Battery Cells at Gigafactory

MIDNIGHT TRADER 11:36 AM ET 1/4/2017

11:36 AM EST, 01/04/2017 (MT Newswires) -- Tesla Motors(TSLA) is up more than 3% after the company said it has started mass production of lithium-ion battery cells at its gigafactory in Nevada along with Panasonic Corp.

The gigafactory will initially produce battery cells for the company's Powerwall 2 and Powerpack 2 energy products, Tesla said.

Production of cells for Tesla's first mass-market car, the Model 3, is expected to begin in Q2.

It said by 2018, the Gigafactory will produce 35 GWh/year of lithium-ion battery cells, nearly as much as the rest of the entire world's battery production com
bined.

OK, I haven't found anything about the "investor event/tour" at the Gigafactory yet.

TSLA is blowing through price bands at the moment. I think my Jan 20 SCTY $25 short puts may expire unexercised (the strike price translates to 227.273)!

Bought back some of my now-deep-in-the-money short cash-secured puts now that they're selling for single-digit numbers of pennies. Gives me some more unrestricted cash to deploy...

I wasn't expecting 219.75 this morning. I can only guess the elite investors invited to GF1 know something us retail investors don't. (How is that fair, again?)

This is not necessarily true. Imagine sitting down for a dinner with Musk after Q4 numbers and heading into gigafactory event and having him personally reaffirm all the positive things he has been saying over the last year, with Tesla energy, demand, AP2 and so on. That isn't really divulging new information, more like reaffirming confidence and vision - which in itself would be powerful if you were there personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.