Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they will have started cell production by the time the Reveal Part 3 happens. Excellent.

Wouldn't it be the utter and brilliant master plan of Elon to multiple times boost extreme guidances, miss them barely eroding his believability, then announcing that Model 3 will be targeted internally for July 1st '17, which noone believes. Only to reveal in Q2 the Model 3 Part 3 and state on-stage that configurator is now open for those who pre-ordered, shipments begin in 1 month :D Now that would be cause for an epic short squeeze :D

Anyway, back on topic. Considering the price action it does indeed seem as if some investors got a major exclusive look at the GF with details and went into a buying spree while we're sitting here and reading just the press release. Has anyone asked Tesla IR what the Investors only event was about and what data was discussed and how we (also investors) could get the same data please.

Hello All:
I am at the Higsfactory right now and will be providing as full a Tour Report as I can; please give me a day.
To answer: we are NOT obtaining ANY exclusive information; there is not any "unfair" advantage so accruing.
Not only that, but the massive volume and price spike occurred long before any event started.

Cheers to all - and it's a bit difficult to post so please cross-post this to the other thread (you have my permission...)

Hello All:
I am at the Higsfactory right now and will be providing as full a Tour Report as I can; please give me a day.
To answer: we are NOT obtaining ANY exclusive information; there is not any "unfair" advantage so accruing.
Not only that, but the massive volume and price spike occurred long before any event started.

Cheers to all - and it's a bit difficult to post so please cross-post this to the other thread (you have my permission...)

With the all the large buy orders at the open today, it seems those at the dinner last night learned something then that the rest of us learned long after the open today.

Has anyone asked Tesla IR what the Investors only event was about and what data was discussed and how we (also investors) could get the same data please.

No new data.

Just
COLOR%2BSIGN.jpg

Nice to see traders with CNBC hookups pumping Tesla - or at least mocking shorts.

Tesla knows how to make investors feel better about a disappointing delivery number

The other things to consider regarding the next week and potential follow-through are:
1. Technicals, momentum and traders jumping onboard
2. Margin Calls for shorts.
3. Analyst upgrades
4. Positive Macro with solid economic numbers starting to add up.

I'm no chart reader but the straight line that started at low 180's beginning of December that started to get interrupted is back on track. A bit less steep than Feb-Apr run from 140's to 260's but pretty darn close.

Reactions: Gerardf
Made some good money the last 5 days. Sold puts last Friday for this Friday with 212.50 strike price when the stock was barely over 213. Before close today, sold covered calls for 1/13 expiration at 225 when the stock was over 226 (made a killing). I think we will be back below 225 by next Friday. If I'm wrong and those stocks get called away, I'll use the money to sell a bunch more puts and see if I can't get back in on a dip. :D

Has anyone asked Tesla IR what the Investors only event was about and what data was discussed and how we (also investors) could get the same data please.
Well, ya see, while most of us here 'get it', these analysts are a bit slower on the uptake ... so they just needed it spelled out to them in small simple words. So no new info, but they got 'colour' and that has to be green, cause green-means-go and green is where its at.

Status
Not open for further replies.