Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm a newbie on analyzing stocks and secondary offerings. So with offering price at $262, has all been sold yet?

i got exactly the same question. so are all shares and convertibles already sold? (f.e. electrek reports that) what is the settlement date march 22? when do the new convertibles start trading?
would be happy about any colour on the whole process. thx alot :)

Reactions: madodel
The high volume today further supports the notion that a lot of demand for shares at the offering price of $262 went unfulfilled. We're moving higher, but I'm actually surprised even more investors aren't fruntrunning this known demand.

I especially don't see why anyone would want to be short when your gains are limited to about $2 until all the demand at $262 can be worked through, and your potential losses are unlimited.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
For those of you without memories:

Mar 26, 2015: $181
Jul 20, 2015: $286
Aug 11, 2015: 2Q15 ER: $238
Aug 18: Cap raise: $261

Dec 2, 2016: $181
Feb 14: 2017: $287
Feb 27, 2017: 4Q16 ER: $242
Mar 16, 2017: Cap raise: $262

TSLA stock is engineered to fund Tesla. It's not up because of extraordinary investor enthusiasm... Unless you believe in miracles of coincidence.
Which company stock wasn't originally used to fund the company?

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Ok. What entity is destroying (manipulating) the VIX every time the market falls even a tiny bit?

VIX all time low, and stocks near all time highs after unprecedented number of days without a drop, but nothing is rallying. Thoughts?
There are over 350 stocks trading at 52 week highs today, 130 stocks trading at 5 year highs, plenty of winners to be found globally as well. Plenty of strong rallying stocks out there.
What are you holding, Retail, Utilities, Silver mining, Solar o_O?

NASDAQ ATH today :D.

There are over 350 stocks trading at 52 week highs today, 130 stocks trading at 5 year highs, plenty of winners to be found globally as well. Plenty of strong rallying stocks out there.
What are you holding, Retail, Utilities, Silver mining, Solar o_O?

NASDAQ ATH today :D.

Lump is Bullish? :rolleyes:

You don't see anything wrong with this rally? It's either the precursor to hyperinflation or there is going to be some bizarre volatility in the near future. I'm simply urging caution. Sold all my stock at $280, and bought calls when Tesla fell to ~$240. I did other things but they aren't relevant to this discussion and I don't believe in publically stating my strategies. Simply encouraging people to use caution. Remember, at some point big money has to rebalance, and most stocks and indexes are too many deviations away from historic points.

Reactions: SunCatcher
Someone want to explain to me why we're struggling to stay over 262 the day after a secondary priced at 262 was hugely oversubscribed? One of our fellow TMC members who participated expressing interest for 5,000 shares only got 25, suggesting as much as 200x demand. What am I missing?

I realize that 200x the 1M ish share offering is more shares than exist, but it seems to me there should be no problem staying above the offering price.

Someone want to explain to me why we're struggling to stay over 262 the day after a secondary priced at 262 was hugely oversubscribed? One of our fellow TMC members who participated expressing interest for 5,000 shares only got 25, suggesting as much as 200x demand. What am I missing?

I realize that 200x the 1M ish share offering is more shares than exist, but it seems to me there should be no problem staying above the offering price.
I indicated interest of 200 shares, got nothing, and didn't buy 1 share today on open market. The 262 price means absolutely nothing in the short term. Last two rounds of secondary offering was roughly in the range of 220-230, both oversubscribed, stock price went to ~180 afterwards and even 140 once anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: Nate the Great
Status
Not open for further replies.